Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

KB Toys deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-02, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KB Toys deals

Some interesting potential deals are to be found at KB, as they continue to strive to become a more legitimate option for videogame buyers.

- Free 1-Year GamePro Subscription with any $29.99 or more video game purchase (good for coupons to clip, even if you're in the vast majority that thinks GamePro is a substandard mag)

- Receive a $20 gift card when you buy an Xbox (yes, the bundle)

- For PS2 and GC games listed in their circular, buy any 2 and receive three stamps + bonus stamp to get your KB Toy Club Reward (20% off next purchase)

- Receive a $10 gift card when you buy an Xbox Live Kit with any of Fever 2003, Whacked, or (the clear choice) MechAssault
Old 11-06-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What are the PS2 and GC games in their circular?
Old 11-06-02, 12:16 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some more deals.

Metal Gear Solid 2- $19.99

Unless this just went Greatest Hits that's a good deal. Used copies were $24.99 last time I was in Babbages

GBA- buy the system get a fee carrying case, AC adapter, recharable battery pack and folding light

PS2- buy the system get a canvas case a 3rd party controller (can't tell what brand from the picture), and a RFU adapter.

GC- same accesories as PS2, except GC versions obviously.

Metroid Prime- preorder with $5 down and recieve a "collectible K-B savings card" when you pick up your game. It doesn't specify what the details of the card are (i.e. how much it's worth in savings).
Old 11-06-02, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Kellehair
What are the PS2 and GC games in their circular?
PS2:

Socom
NBA Live 2003
NBA 2k3
Tekken 4
Tony Hawk 4
Spyro Enter the Dragon
LOTR: Two Towers
Blood Rayne
Harry Potter
X-Men Next Dimension
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
Legends of Wrestling 2
Rygar

GC:
Harry Potter
Mario Party 4
Starfox Adventures
Animal Crossing
Eternal Darkness
Super Mario Sunshine
007: Nightfire
Metroid Prime
Old 11-06-02, 03:29 PM
fab

Metal Gear Solid 2 is officially a Greatest Hits title now.

--
fab
Old 11-06-02, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks!
Old 11-06-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you're looking for Vice city, get to KB early tomorrow (Thursday). The Tab (tabloid sale) starts then and any stores receiving the game in the last couple days (which mine did) has been keeping it on hold until then.

~Scheherazade
Old 11-07-02, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Uh... if you buy 2 games off the list, doesn't that total ~100 dollars, which gets you four stamps anyway? And even then, don't they still have a free stamp with every new card? So can't you get 5 stamps when you buy any two games? Or am I misunderstanding the deal?

Now the previous deal, which was buy 100 dollars (two games plus a lollipop) get 20% off and get a full club card was a great deal.
Old 11-07-02, 11:56 AM

At our KB we got 12 copies of Vice City and they were held back for today. Many other KB's are the same as stated above. When I checked there was still more copies left at our KB in Johnstown, PA. If ya want Vice City now's the time to go. We also got Greatest Hits copies of MGS2, MGS2 Substance(X-Box) and all the Harry Potter games. Good time to take advantage of the KB Toy Club.
Old 11-07-02, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by fujishig
Uh... if you buy 2 games off the list, doesn't that total ~100 dollars, which gets you four stamps anyway? And even then, don't they still have a free stamp with every new card? So can't you get 5 stamps when you buy any two games? Or am I misunderstanding the deal?

Now the previous deal, which was buy 100 dollars (two games plus a lollipop) get 20% off and get a full club card was a great deal.
2 games does equal 100 dollar after tax. The KB Toy Club only counts on sales before tax. The previous deal was for a weekend only. They asked us to save our flyers so it's possible it will come back as buy $50 get 20% off.

Right now, the buy 2 games get a full card deal is really not saving you anything since you get the free stamp anyway. Reguardless it's still a decent deal since you can come back and get 20% off all the games ya want. Or as I do for customers (with manager's approval) ring up enough items to fill a card and then use it right away on the rest of the items. The powers that be have no problem with this as it looks good to have alot of filled cards.
Old 11-07-02, 12:40 PM

How does the 20% off work?

You get the card stamped 5 times to activate it? Is it good for anything in the store, or just game software?
Old 11-07-02, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's just 4 stamps. You get one free, and you get one for every 25 dollars worth of purchases(before taxes). Which is why if you buy two games plus a lollipop (or something that's a buck or so) you should be able to fill up a card and get another stamp.

The 20% off is good on anything except game hardware.

BTW, I really do appreciate Link_182 taking the time to post this stuff, especially for those who couldn't get GTA:VC last week. Didn't mean to make it seem like it wasn't a good deal. It's just that I originally read it to say "buy one game, get a full card" which is significantly better.

Still, I'm saving up my 20% card to make a big purchase, after a few more games I want come out...
Old 11-07-02, 01:29 PM

I'm guessing the 20% off is for the entire purchase (except consoles/accessories)? And is there an expiration?

Also, is the card something they've always had and always will have or is it something limited time only?
Old 11-07-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's 20% off the entire purchase. I think it's still good on accessories, though, as that's not considered hardware. The other restrictions are:
1) Purchases of video game systems, gift cards, online purchases and sales taxes do not apply to the 100 dollar requirement. The discount is not valid on any of those either.
2) not valid the day after Thanksgiving
3) Limit one card redemption per purchase (don't know why this matters, if you get the 20% off the whole thing)

and the most worrisome one:
4) KB Toys reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time

No other time restrictions. It just started recently, within the past couple of months, I think. And the cards themselves say that you get the first stamp free with any purchase, so unless they decide to destroy the first batch of cards, or run out, the first stamp free deal is here to stay.

I am glad that they're trying to iron out the bugs in the process. I believe that if you return merchandise, they take back the stamps, or something like that (otherwise, anyone could purchase 100 bucks worth of stuff, return the merchandise, and repurchase the same stuff for 80 bucks with the discount). I do fear that they're going to be losing money on this and will can the program in a couple of months. It is a GREAT deal for videogame freaks, as for every two games you buy, you get 20% off your next X amount of games.
Old 11-07-02, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the info, fujishig. I'll stop by KB some time this week.