Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

N64 (and SNES) - What games are good, and where to get them fairly cheap?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-04-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a N64 from a pawn shop, and I have been wanting to get some games for it. I have Quake II, Perfect Dark, Conker's (on the way) and Donkey Kong 64.

I would like to find the following N64 games New in Box, or at least in good shape with the instructions, for $20 or under (maybe $30 if they were brand new, and not cheaper anywhere else.)

I am looking for:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario (also Mario RPG for SNES)
Super Smash Brothers
Any Mega Man title (for SNES or N64)
GoldenEye
Clayfighters 63 1/3 (or whatever it is )
Memory Expansion Module (Nintendo, not 3rd party.)

I have a few games on the SNES, as well, and I would like to expand my collection a bit. I have Donkey Kong Country 1 & 3, Cool Spot, Pink Panther Goes to Hollywood, Jurassic Park, Ultima Runes of Virtue 2, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

If there are other games for these systems that are great, and can be found for fairly cheaply, please let me know. I know that SNES titles probably aren't going to be available new.

Last edited by littlefuzzy; 11-04-02 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-05-02, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
I still have Ocarina and Majora's Mask MINT in box. The limited release.

I don't know if I want to sell though. I still have A Link to the Past MINT in box as well. And the two original NES games. I was thinking of doing a giant Zelda auction on Ebay, around the time the new one comes out. Let me think about it. My local EB still has used N64 games. Don't know the price. Try Funcoland, if there is one near you. Their prices are usually pretty good on the older stuff.

corvin
Old 11-05-02, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flea markets are always good for this stuff. Also EB had a sale on their leftover N64 stock the last time I was there. Conker was going for ten new. I think that they also had Perfect Dark for that same price.

Funcoland still exists? Wow, I haven't been to one in five years. I used to play games in one during class breaks when I first began college. But then some creepy employee would come over, watch me, and pull a "hey you're doing that wrong! this is how you do it!*grabs controller from my hand*". That seriously freaked me out and I barely went back after that life changing incident.
Old 11-05-02, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by remjim

Funcoland still exists? Wow, I haven't been to one in five years. I used to play games in one during class breaks when I first began college. But then some creepy employee would come over, watch me, and pull a "hey you're doing that wrong! this is how you do it!*grabs controller from my hand*". That seriously freaked me out and I barely went back after that life changing incident.
That was YOU?? Hehe, I told you you were doing it ALL WRONG!!!
Old 11-05-02, 12:33 PM

Ack! Ban this guy! Next thing you know he'll be coming in and showing me how to eat, dress, speak, make sweet sweet love to my gf...
Old 11-05-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Avoid Gamestop at all costs. Usually if you ask if they have any SNES games they laugh at you and try to force you to preorder Grand Theft Auto 3 or Final Fantasy 26 and try to get you to buy strategy guides to games you don't even own. Flea Markets are usually the best places to go. I've found a lot of great games at Trader's Village here in Dallas area.

final fantasy lol
Old 11-05-02, 01:08 PM
Banned

Funcoland is now Gamestop.

As for N64 games, Mario Tennis is a lot more fun than it looks. Some chain stores like Target, Walmart, Fred Meyer, etc. still have games sitting on the shelf. Specialty stores like Gamestop, Software Etc., EBX, etc. should have a good supply of used games.
Old 11-05-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you live in the los angeles area you might want to try out game dude. They have a lot of used games for all systems. They are at the corner of sherman way and laurel canyon.
Old 11-05-02, 02:37 PM

Definitely check out Mario Tennis.
Old 11-05-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

mario 64 and zelda: oot = my two favorite games EVER.