Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDSoon - Are they ever gonna ship?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-02, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered Fight Club SE on 10/17/02. Said title was "in stock" then. Since then... ...nothing happened!!!

It is still "on hand". However, nobody at DVDSoon bothers to ship it. Anybody else waiting for the shipping of an "On hand"-title for more than two weeks?

This sort of 'customer care' is somewhat strange. Or did they make off with the 25 CA$ they got from me?

Last edited by Anachronistic; 11-04-02 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-04-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call them...

Despite what others have said, I've NEVER had a problem with these guys and the one time I had to call customer service, it was handled quite well.
Old 11-04-02, 08:37 AM

Re: DVDSoon - Are they ever gonna ship?

Originally posted by Anachronistic
This sort of 'customer care' is somewhat strange. Or did they make off with the 25 CA$ they got from me?
$25CA? Damn, I would hate to lose 15 cents like that.
Old 11-04-02, 05:31 PM

That sounds very familiar. I pre-ordered ST:TNG Season 4 from them a while back, about a month before it was released. About a week before street date, I heard from some people that their pre-orders had shipped. Mine never did. I e-mailed them about it twice, but never got a reply. Unfortunately, I couldn't call them, because their number was only open for a limited time...and that happened to be my work hours. Finally, about a month after street date, I cancelled it and had them refund my card, then found it at Playcentric even cheaper.
Old 11-04-02, 11:17 PM

Well, I've got three titles (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and True Romance) all on hand and all of them have been that way for 2 weeks. I emailed them and got the following fob off response.

Dear Sir,

We are a little late on shipping right now because of the changes in our
shipping policies. You can make sure that your order will ship as soon as
possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

If you should need anything else, please, don't hesitate to contact me again.
Have a nice day.
Given that I pre-ordered these titles in early August, I would have thought I would have been first cab off the rank when it came to getting my stuff shipped. Apparently not. They have till Friday. Then I'm cancelling...
Old 11-05-02, 01:36 AM

same here, thought something was wrong my account, but they shipped some movies last night. Looks like they give a priority to preorders though. Wonder how many people they have in the shipping department, two three?
Old 11-05-02, 06:20 PM

I sent an email threatening to cancel the order and they finally shipped the DVDs last night...
Old 11-10-02, 02:58 PM

My Fight Club SE has been shipped in the meantime. However, I'm gonna stay clear of DVD Soon in the future.
Old 11-11-02, 05:12 PM

DVDLate!!

I ordered a box set...the item was on-hand and its still 'pending' that was 6 days ago! They haven't charged me yet though, but I would like my DVDs...

DVDCatastrophe
Melbourne, Australia
Old 11-11-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DVDSoonaswegetaroundtoit?

Pretty shoddy business.
Old 11-11-02, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Do they send u an email when they do ship something-ordered for the first time 10 days ag0-Babylon 5 boxs set.
Old 11-11-02, 09:54 PM

DVDsoonerorlater

They sent me one email when i made the order - just a bill basically..

Hows this, this morning I cancelled the order, but when I checked my credit card, they must have charged it in the interim!! Anyway they gave me a credit amount, but I just decided to re-order the blighter, then I found the price went up by $1!!! I"m going to ring them tomorrow and see what they do.

Cheers

DVDcatastrophe
Melbourne, Australia
Old 11-12-02, 06:16 AM

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
Do they send u an email when they do ship something-ordered for the first time 10 days ag0-Babylon 5 boxs set.
Yes - and remember that the Babylon 5 box set has been delayed in its Canada release from the date that the US released it.
Old 11-12-02, 08:59 AM

I think I've had it with them. I ordered something 12 days ago which said "on hand", but my order has been "pending" ever since (of course they charged my card immediately). Low and behold, today I checked the item and now it's "on order". Yet in my order it still says "on hand". I checked a few times after placing the order and it was still "on hand". The must take inventory as each item is shipped.

Another bad thing is their "free shipping" is guraranteed for nothing. I read after I placed the order that if your package doesn't arrive you're SOL.
Old 11-12-02, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I’ve praised DVD Soon in the past, but their new improved changes really stink. I currently have over $200 in DVD Soon credit that I really don’t want to use because I either get free shipping which could “conveniently” get lost, or I pay for shipping that eliminates any potential deal they may offer.

Does anyone know if I can cash out my DVD Soon credit so I don’t have to order from them again?

And another thing, I had many orders placed before their recent shipping changes. Well, some of the old orders are partially shipping (wouldn’t have in the past) and I’ve yet to see them when they should have arrived long ago. Are they now implementing their new policy on old orders? I don’t want this. I agreed to spend over $100 CAD to get free XPressPost shipping. I don’t want that downgraded to we’ll-ship-items-as-we-get-them-using-the-uninsured-you’re-SOL-if-they-get-lost method when I didn’t agree to that in the first place. As it stands, I’d rather an item stay “on hand” on an order and predictably arrive within one week with XPressPost when the order is filled, than have items ship out early only to be lost forever at my expense.

Oh, and wasn’t one of their added improvements that they’d email you back in a timely manner when you ask a question? Well, I haven’t experienced that new service.
Old 11-13-02, 12:38 AM

DVDsoonerorlater

Geez, this news is a worry..I rang them twice this morning!! I mean the international phone calls have added a few extra bucks to the price! Basically all I got was this crappy voicemail. I left my name, phone number, order # etc..I'm not expecting a return call from these crooks! Anyway I emailed them at [email protected]. I got a reply telling me they are a bit late on shipping right now, but that I"ll get it..Hmmm...I'll just have to wait and see, but I really hope I haven't been ripped off..it was also for a box-set which WAS on-hand..I hope I don't get it all damaged, what being sent to Australia via their crude shipping methods...I dunno this on-line trading has alot to be desired and would make a great article in 'Choice' magazine..

Cheers

DVDCatastrophe, Melbourne, Australia
Old 11-14-02, 04:23 AM

Well they do charge you right away, but I work in Canada Post so can tell you that all accounts even for small business comes with $100 automatic insurance per shipment so either something is really wrong with them or it may not include international shipments. Also we have protection from our credit card, if you don't get the goods you don't pay... despite what DVDscam tries to tell you.

Well regardless I don't care for any place that bills you right away, that should be illegal.
Old 11-14-02, 01:04 PM

$25CA? Damn, I would hate to lose 15 cents like that.
..................falken, that was hilarious!!!!!

I almost wet myself.
Old 11-17-02, 01:27 PM

For DVDs I am in no rush to receive, I order online at the lowest price, which is usually DDD or DVDEmpire. Despite many bad reviews, I am ordering "Reign of Fire" from DVDSoon as an experiment. I hope that most people who get good results just don't write in to tell us about it. We'll see...

The title was on order on the release date, two days later they had 62 in hand, now they have 41 in hand and they still haven't shipped my order. However, I chose free shipping so shouldn't expect efficiency.

Last edited by Kavalier; 11-23-02 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-17-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though it is located in Canada, I would never order from DVDsoon. There have been way too many threads on their lack of quality customer support.
Old 11-20-02, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had Trading Places pre-ordered from DVDsoon and it was "on order" for three weeks after the street date. I cancelled and got my money back. I periodically check back, out of curiosity, and I've never seen Trading Places listed as anything but "on order".
They suck.
Old 11-20-02, 12:27 PM

I complained yesterday about still waiting to get my refund and, of course, today the refund was posted to my credit card. For those interested, it took 1 week. I guess that's comparable to the time period it took Disney to refund me during their $15 coupon fiasco. I have a little more confidence in DVDSoon now, and if they ever get their shift in gear I may even try ordering from them again.

Last edited by gbub; 11-21-02 at 08:38 AM.