International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

krdvd.com problem

Old 11-02-02, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krdvd.com problem

I placed my order on Sept 20 for 10 dvds. I received 6 dvds 2 weeks ago, but the other 4 have not shipped yet. One item(peppermint candy) is listed as out of stock, so I assume this is holding up my order. I have emailed [email protected] three times in the last 3 weeks, but have not received a single reply.

Is anyone else having similar problems? Has anyone made an order recently and have items ship? Has anyone gotten an email reply? Just want to know if he's just ignoring me for some reason, or if he's out of town. Thanks
Old 11-02-02, 10:24 PM

I placed an order with them once a few months ago. The prices were really good, but it took a week and a half to receive my DVDs. I haven't used them since because I buy my DVDs from dvdasian.com, get them a lot sooner, and only pay $1-2 more.
Old 11-02-02, 10:46 PM

Krdvd.com is a one man business and he buys quite a lot of his stock as and when needed.
Old 11-02-02, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed an order for 4 movies the same day you did poncekim. Two movies were shipped not long after that, but the other two didn't ship till a day or two ago. A little slow, but that doesn't bother me too much; the price was low.
Old 11-04-02, 06:55 AM

Well....I have sort of mixed feelings myself. I ordered 3 dvds that his website said was in stock but one of them turned out to be out of print. So I replaced it with another DVD that the website said was in stock but that also turned out to be out of stock. By now a couple of weeks had passed since my initial order.

We finally got things worked out -- just went with the 2 dvds that were already in stock. If you want your dvds quickly then I would go with Asian DVD they are a lot quicker in getting the DVDs to you.

Heh...Asian DVD was also out of one DVD I ordered that their website said was in stock so I must have bad luck in getting this one DVD movie -- Owls' Castle. If they can't get it...well I guess I'll buy it from CDJapan.

I should also add that krdvd did respond to my emails.
Old 11-04-02, 02:10 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I ordered "2009 Lost Memories LE" on Sept. 20th and got an email this morning that it shipped. I had emailed krdvd around two weeks ago on the status of the order, and the reply was that the shipment from Korea was being held up by customs.

If that's the case, most of your orders should have been processed or will be processed soon.
Old 11-04-02, 02:35 PM

Turns out he sent me a reply to my 2nd email on thursday(work email) which I didn't see until this morning. Things seem to be fine now.

I really don't mind the long wait since he has the best prices out there. However, I have started looking for alternatives and have found that yesasia.com seems to have similar prices to krdvd if you are buying more than $49(free shipping to the US). The prices are much better than asiandvd. I suggest people take a look.
Old 11-04-02, 05:44 PM

I've ordered from KRDVD twice. The first time, I got my DVD (Friend, Ultimate) but had to wait about three weeks. The second time, I ordered 2009 Lost Memories LE on 10/3/02. After a MONTH of order "in process", I emailed them and they told me that their shipment was stuck in customs. I cancelled my order and got the DVD through DVDAsian.com in TWO DAYS.

Yessasia and DVDAsian are little more expensive than KRDVD but I've never had to wait more than a week to get my stuff.
Old 11-04-02, 07:36 PM

Yeah, I buy exclusively at DVDAsian, and haven't had one problem yet.
Old 11-04-02, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I agree with Civic2oo1. I get prompt service with DVDAsian.
Old 11-05-02, 03:29 AM

Well, I ordered the Korean (region 0) "Mulholland Drive" on September 24th. I think it was listed as in stock, but I can't be sure. I emailed krdvd about 2 weeks ago asking about my order - no reply. Finally, I received an email on November 3rd saying that my order shipped.

In hindsight, I wish I had looked around to buy it somewhere else. I won't be in a rush to go back to this e-tailer...

A simple e-mail reply explaining the situation (especially right after the initial order) would have satisfied me completely.