Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

When do you think a 9/11 movie will hit theaters?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see one, imagine all the special effects like the planes hiting the buildings or people jumping off and smashing on the ground or getting roasted in the fire etc....

So when do you think it will be out?

I also can't wait to see the extras on the DVD like the making of and or maybe a unrated directors cut version?

what do you foresee?
Old 11-01-02, 08:12 PM

I remember I posted something similar to this a week after 9/11. It's not going to happen for a while. It will come out when Steven Segall has a box office hit movie.
Old 11-01-02, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: When do you think a 9/11 movie will hit theaters?

Originally posted by ashegam
what do you foresee?
this post getting moved to the Movie forum.
Old 11-01-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess your post is a joke, ashegam?

Judging from the title, it will happen in a matter of time. And it will get a lot of press coverage, just like other movies like this do.

But clearly from the content of your post, you either are joking or this post is in poor taste.
Old 11-01-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't wait to see one, imagine all the special effects like the planes hiting the buildings or people jumping off and smashing on the ground or getting roasted in the fire etc....

Um, yeah...whatever.
Old 11-01-02, 08:36 PM
Banned

Re: Re: When do you think a 9/11 movie will hit theaters?

Originally posted by antennaball
this post getting moved to the Movie forum.
Word!
Old 11-01-02, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dont think this post should be moved to the movies section. i think it should be moved to the trash. what you said was totally uneccesary.
Old 11-01-02, 09:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by firteen88
I dont think this post should be moved to the movies section. i think it should be moved to the trash. what you said was totally uneccesary.
Amen brother!!
Old 11-01-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes a movie will be made, not in the near future though. And I really hope your post was a joke.
Old 11-01-02, 09:34 PM

The IQ of the average American will have to go down to comatose before this happens.
Old 11-01-02, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
25+ years.

and that was a really tasteless post.
Old 11-01-02, 09:55 PM

...um

oh, and... worst. post. ever.
Old 11-01-02, 09:55 PM

You are an a$$hole ashegam. I hope you get banned.
Old 11-01-02, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure he's joking. If not, it is in rather bad taste.

That being said, Michael Bay is sure to have his eye on this project.

K
Old 11-01-02, 10:22 PM

Indeed it was not a joke. For every so called tragedy there is always a movie to follow. I simply asked when you guys foresee that happening, that's it. some of you are reading too much into it.

and for those that keep saying this is tasteless etc... you mean to tell me you don't own a copy or have never talked about movies such as pearl harbor, schindler's list and tons of other movies similar to 9/11?

this is something I didn't have the intention to get into, so I simply asked the "when" question. anyways I'll continue this discussion tomorrow.
Old 11-01-02, 10:28 PM
Banned

Questioning about a possible 9/11 movie is one thing, going on to say "people jumping off and smashing on the ground or getting roasted in the fire etc.... " is beyond tasteless.
Old 11-01-02, 10:37 PM

....and for those that keep saying this is tasteless etc... you mean to tell me you don't own a copy or have never talked about movies such as pearl harbor, schindler's list and tons of other movies similar to 9/11?
Well, I'm pretty sure most people that own Schindler's List didn't eagerly anticipate seeing people "roasted in the fire", as it seems (from the way you typed your initial mesage) you are in an eventual 9.11 film.

You asked a perfectly legitimate question but the way you phrased some things left you open for scrutiny. Imagine you lost a friend or relative in those towers that morning, now go back and read those first three lines I have quoted.
Old 11-01-02, 11:50 PM

I hate to be a threadcrapper, but as other people have stated, the whole idea behind this thread is pretty ridiculous. I don't know how long it is going to take to adjust, but personally the thought of someone talking about making a movie and capitolizing on one of the greatest tragedies of our generation makes me sick.

ashegam, you need to think about what you write before you post. Everyone here isn't going to have the same views and opinions as you, and may take things the wrong way. Personally I would lock and delete this if I had the power because of the controversial nature of this thread.

Sorry if I have offended you in any way, but you may have offended others. Just try and keep this in mind. Thanks

--Travis
Old 11-02-02, 01:06 AM

Before I go any further I would like to first state that I agree with Psycholowne in the post above me. However, we have to realize that the movie studios are money hungry entities. As soon as they can put out a product that will sell, they will. If you don't understand this concept, see Gordon Gekko in Wall Street (1987). If they release a movie in the next 25 years on this even, people will be outraged, and the studio that does it will be financially ruined from people boycotting their movies. What they will more likely do is to release a movie relating to terrorism in some way. They will change the scenario just enough to make it irrecognizable to most people.
But we will have a movie on 9/11 eventually. Pearl Harbor took 60 years to do it before Disney got their money hungry hands on it. 9/11 is a bigger even than Pearl Harbor. Hawaii was not even a state when the attack happened. New York City is the center of the financial world. Because of the magnitude of the event, I believe that it will be longer than 60 years for a studio to make it. Fortunately, most of us will be dead by then, because the thought of it makes me sick. But for the following generations that have yet to be born, they won't be affected by it just as today's youth weren't affected that much by watching Pearl Harbor.
Do I like that this will happen? No. Will it happen? Yes.
Old 11-02-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
movie studios are not 100% money hungry. they will not touch some subjects if they are to sensative. this is one of them. expect anything 9/11 to come out later on. not anytime soon. maybe 5-10 years.
Old 11-02-02, 01:18 AM

Yes, but they won't touch certain subjects because they are not financially viable options, not out of an ethical or moral obligation. They care about the bottom line, not public opinion. The bottom line and public opinion just happen to coincide on this issue. As soon as people will pay to see a 9/11 movie and there won't be protests, they will put one out.
Old 11-02-02, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There have been a few Pearl Harbor films made long before the Michael Bay version.
I'm sure this was mentioned in the other 9/11 movie thread, but it really is accurate. Aside from the tragic, horrific nature of 9/11 as well as the fact that most people simply wouldn't want to see it, there really isn't a need to dramatize the attacks because we all saw them with our own eyes in living color. The WTC attacks was the most documented event in history, covered from every angle imaginable. Thus, showing them destroyed on the screen one more time is just not needed.

Flight 93 on the other hand, will inevitably be made into a TV movie within the next ten years.
Old 11-02-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
There is no way in hell I can ever watch a movie like this. I seen everything with my own eyes...and embedded in my mind and heart it stays forever. What happened was extremely tragic. Even more extreme tragic if a friend or family member was involved and lost his/her life.

To say "I Can't Wait" for such a movie...I don't know about you bub.

-Anthony
Old 11-02-02, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Well theres good and bads to everything. when seeing saving private ryan, it was very emotional for those who lived through it. But it was a good lesson or a good look at history for someone like me who of course was not around at the time. I'm sure if they treat it with respect it would be a helpful tale for the future generations even if there is home video footage of this.. and even then, I'm sure all of us who lived through it will see it much differently then for those who are getting told a tale of history. a moment of time if you will. So it will always be a hot button, but a proper treatment of it would be helpful.

not to mention, in micheal moore's film "Bowling for columbine" there is already a sort of 9/11 scene in there that is placed in there with some respect for the event. so it's already in your big screen.
Old 11-02-02, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't want to see this movie, but, without getting into explanation, sometimes movies about tragedies, done much MUCH later than the event, done right, can actually be a form of education. With Pearl Harbor, this simply wasn't the case, and I'm not going to get into that since I'm sure it's been covered to death. By the time I'm 90, and 9/11 finally comes out, I won't protest if it's done right with the right director, actors, screenwriter, etc. Eventhough I lived through it. If it comes along in the next couple years, I will be the first to bitch about it. Also, if when it does come, it is marketed as a big acton blockbuster, maybe I will rethink my evaluation. There's something gross about using a national tragedy to make money with a boring and pointless movie (Pearl Harbor, I'm talking to you). Anyway, that's just my opinion.

K

Last edited by Cornelius1047; 11-02-02 at 02:01 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.