TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy Episode recommendations please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy Episode recommendations please!

Hello!

I posted here about whether or not I should buy a $40 DVD of OMWF. I don't want VCDS, which are probably illegal and I also don't have a ton of money to waste on a bootleg DVD. I thought I was totally out of luck.

As it turns out, my brother who is 15 years my junior has been taping them all. I always thought he was a nerd and now it's paid off!

He said he could get 8 episodes on a high quality VHS for me to have until the DVDs come out. I'll have seasons 1-3 on DVD in January, so I need to come up with a few of the great ones from Season 4 on.

I've already picked Hush, The Body, and Selfless. I have seen every single episode but I'm terrible with the titles and putting them with what happened.

Could all of you great Buffy fans help me pick out 4 more great episodes and put the name of the episodes and just a tiny recap of the episode, because I'll remember it with that?

Thank you.
Old 11-01-02, 06:22 PM

Simply go here: http://www.slayage.com/
for an episode guide by season.
That should help you out.
Old 11-01-02, 06:43 PM

No brainer. Get Season 4, episodes 1-8.

When you're through, get episodes 9-16...

Buffy should really be watched in order.
Old 11-01-02, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree. Watch them in order. I know it's hard but it'll be worth it. And if you can't, season 4 will be starting up on FX fairly soon, I think they're about half way through season 3 now.
Old 11-01-02, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by kilcher
I agree. Watch them in order. I know it's hard but it'll be worth it. And if you can't, season 4 will be starting up on FX fairly soon, I think they're about half way through season 3 now.
Oddly enough, FX has picked up where the Halloween marathon finished: the halloween episode of season 4. So now FX is running the rest of season 4, instead of going back to season 3 which was being shown before the marathon. The rest of the syndication cycle goes through seasons 4-6, with a Thanksgiving Day marathon between seasons 5 and 6. Some episodes aren't scheduled for this cycle. Most notably "Once More with Feeling".
Old 11-01-02, 11:29 PM

What the heck is wrong with FX. Did they have their crazy flakes this morning?
Can't resist a good buffy quote.
Anyway I wish they would show the entire season in order like Joss/God intended.
Old 11-03-02, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buffy isn't a show that you can just watch any random episode. You have to watch it in order from the beginning of Season 1. There are characters introduced and small plot points that happen in every episode that don't seem important, but come into play several episodes later, great stuff.

I tried watching the show on TV before and I thought it was stupid and I didn't get it, but early this year I picked up the Season 1 DVD set and loved it, I got Season 2 and now I'm hooked... I can't wait for the Season 3 set, I refuse to watch the episodes that are playing now from Season 5 or whatever they are on now, I want to watch them in order.
Old 11-03-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You gotta watch them in order!
Old 11-03-02, 07:46 PM

If you don't care about order:

Restless
Once More, With Feeling
This Year's Girl/Who Are You?

but I'd watch them in order.
Old 11-03-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Having only watched seasons 1 and 2 (I'm watching them as the DVDs come out), I recommend these episodes:

Season 1:
Welcome the Hellmouth/The Harvest (Pilot Episode)
Nightmares
Prophecy Girl

Season 2:
Ted
Surprise/Innocense (2 Parter)
Becoming (Parts 1 and 2)
Old 11-03-02, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
Since you've already seen them, I don't think watching in order is all that important.

Life Serial is my favorite of the newer Buffy's. Something Blue and Doomed from Season 4 are excellent too, and are the eps right before and after Hush.

Cool that your younger brother taped these. I have a sister who's 22 years younger than me, and we watched all the Buffy's together. I was fun to find a show we enjoy (we've tried others--either I think they're stupid, or she thinks they're boring).

tasha