Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Luc Besson PRESENTS...........????

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about "Luc Besson PRESENTS" series......is this something like a series really supported by Besson, (and if so where could I get the full listing) or is this something that has been made up by the studios?

A friend of mine from Canada keeps telling me about them (the movies I mean) but I have not seen any official announcements (well if there was one it was probably in Europe not in the US). All that I remember are the few movies that I have seen after browsing AMAZON.fr and Cinestore.....and they are:

EXIT
THE DANCER
YAMAKAZI....
TAXI, 1, 2

Are there more....if someone could explain that will be great.

ps.
I am sure Hendrik knows what's the story here....Hendrik where are you?????
Old 11-01-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well, he's the producer on Taxi 1 and 2 and on Yamakazi... I don't know about the other films. Sometimes they say 'so and so' "presents" when he/she is the producer. They're just trying to bank on his name a little bit. Also - since he's producer, the films (the ones I've seen anyway) seem to look like they had his hand in them at least.
Old 11-01-02, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
"Luc Besson Presents" films are films he has served as producer on. Except for EXIT, he has also written or co-written the screenplays for the films as well. These include:

EXIT
Dancer
Taxi 1, 2, 3 (3 coming soon)
Yamakasi
Kiss of the Dragon
Wasabi
The Transporter

Depending on what sources you listen to, his involvement on some of these films sometimes extend beyond just producer and screenwriter. There have been reports of him actually directing a few scenes as well.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Besson,%20Luc
Old 11-01-02, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

...right.....I was aware of the list from IMDB indicating his involvement...however...if you look on AMAZON.FR there is actually something like a series going on...on the top of each DVD is the marking I am talking about...

..anyhow...thanks for replying...

..by the way...I was able to find the trailers for most of his recent stuff online(in french), ...I mean the ones that are not available in the US...and THE DANCER looks very impresive...songs by Prodigy, Chemical Brothers,....imput by....PORTISHEAD....I am wondering what the US companies are waiting for.....I will be getting the French DVD though...it has english subs so....perfect!!!

EXIT also looks fine from what I saw and understood with my limited French...something reminds about the CUBE ...i dont know what.....
Old 11-01-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
The French DVDs are just using Besson's name to help sell DVDs, much like the "Wes Craven Presents" films in the US.
Old 11-01-02, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...what Jay G. said... this happens every now and then: I can remember, waaay back in the early 70s, going to see this or that, as it turned out, eminently forgettable movie directed by, as it also turned out, Whozit? or Whatsisname? simply because the ads screamed: SERGIO LEONE PRESENTS...

...the funny thing is: IT WORKS!!! (...remember "Alfred Hitchcock Presents...?... or - even better - "Criterion Proudly Presents"...!...)

. . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 11-01-02 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-01-02, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Why not "What Trigger said"? I said it first...
Old 11-01-02, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

....what Trigger said.....!!!!!
Old 11-01-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...sorry!... (bows head in abject shame and leaves room to go cry in some hidden corner)

. . . . . .