Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Need a PS2 controller recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-02, 10:20 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a PS2 controller recomendation

I can no longer stand the Dual Shock. The unstaggered analogues are driving me crazy. Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party that resembles the Xbox/GCN controller with regard to the staggered analogue sticks?
Old 10-27-02, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

funny, the staggered xbox controller is bothering me... b/c i'm used to the ps2 controller.

afaik, all the aftermarket controllers have a similar layout to the dualshocks.
Old 10-27-02, 10:36 PM
Mod Emeritus

Is there some sort of licensing agreement with Sony that all controllers must follow the Dual Shock layout? I do have one 3rd party controller that is slightly larger and more comfortable, but with crappy, loose analogues.

When you use the dual analogues for a FPS, it's the most unnature hand position in the world. For other games that don't use analogues, it's a very nice controller, but the analogues are simply an afterthought and very annoying.
Old 10-28-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ok, i searched ebay for something else and noticed that they have a ps2 controller adapter so you can use it on the xbox. not sure if the other way around adapter exists... nor if that adapter is any good. search for xbox ps2 converter
Old 10-28-02, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think too many PS2 games use both analog sticks at the same time so you should be ok...the only one i can think of is ape escape but there's probably others i don't know about. I recall seeing a convertor to use a gamecube or xbox controller on the PS2, they have them at www.lik-sang.com I think.
Old 10-28-02, 09:14 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Outlaw
I don't think too many PS2 games use both analog sticks at the same time so you should be ok...the only one i can think of is ape escape but there's probably others i don't know about. I recall seeing a convertor to use a gamecube or xbox controller on the PS2, they have them at www.lik-sang.com I think.

Any game that's a FPS does. I'll check lik-sang, thanks.