Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Greencine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greencine?

after ignoring that green banner i finally took a look at it and decided to check it out. i've been interested in online rentals, mainly to check out obscure horror/cult movies that you'll never find at bbv and hollywood. i tried netflix free awhile back but cancelled it as they ditched their midnight/cult movies section.

Greencine, "...emphasis on indie, arthouse, anime, foreign, classics and other esoteric fare. " seems good to me. i browsed their collection and liked what i saw. so i'm curious if anyone has used them yet?

they appear to be based in San Fran which will but a strain on the shipping wait for me atleast but does any other online rental service match their collection of the alternative?

i wanted to wait for some responses to this post but i think i'll jump the gun and try the free trial. anyone know what i'm in for?
Old 10-27-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The rentals are, in fact, coming from SF, CA. It took about 4 days for them to reach me on the East Coast. Geoff started a thread about the free trial in the Bargains section:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=243475

There's some info there for you, including some new (and somewhat troubling) info posted by D-Ball.
Old 10-27-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the thread link i totally missed that. i'm thinking about actually using this service depending on the turnaround time and disc conditions etc, so if i go over the 2 week trial, i won't be that conscerned.