Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

dvdoo.dk Incredible Sale!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-02, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.dvdoo.dk is having a great sale on a bunch of titles. All for 39kr which converts to about $4.00 US. Free shipping and no tax. Some of the titles include Reservoir Dogs and ALL of the Superman films. You can check it out here: http://www.dvdoo.com/dvdoo/kampagne....ta=1&PageID=30

If you need a Danish to English translator click here:
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml
Old 10-24-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

maybe I'm just way too tired to deal with this right now, but I'm finding it really difficult to cope with translating this site in order to buy a copy of The Driver. Too bad. Anyone have any clues?
Old 10-25-02, 01:04 AM

They seem to have uncut and anamorphic version of Caligula. For $4 it sure is hot.
Old 10-25-02, 04:09 AM

I want to get nightwatch for the extra features & superman 2& 3 which is in 5.1 . Any good movies with english subs?
Old 10-25-02, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just by the way, that 39kr actually comes to roughly $5.25 US.... AND they apparently also do add some sort of tax (which was an additional 8kr on 39kr, which I know since I actually managed to put a disc in my shopping cart). So are you sure about the free shipping to the states?

Last edited by Gypo66; 10-25-02 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-25-02, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"maybe I'm just way too tired to deal with this right now, but I'm finding it really difficult to cope with translating this site in order to buy a copy of The Driver. Too bad. Anyone have any clues?"

The Driver

...ahh...note the Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish flags at the bottom of the back cover of the disc... these indicate that the disc provides optional subtitles in one of those four languages...

. . . but . . .

...since this is obviously a 'Scandinavian' release, meant specifically for the 'Scandinavian' market, it probably also means that no matter which language you pick, the corresponding subs will be 'locked' - i.e. you can only watch this disc with one of the four subtitles engaged ... you can not watch it without subtitles...

...probably, that is...

. . . . . .
Old 10-25-02, 07:43 AM

Fellow DooDooers,

of the four "On Air" titles I've bought from DVDDoo :
"A Fistful of Dollars", "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer" "Caligula" and "My Name is Nobody", none have had locked subtitles.

Definitely.

Yours Danishly,
Lik.
Old 10-25-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... I did say "probably" - twice...!...
(...I've learned to be very careful when adding a message on this Forum...!...)

. . . ( or as the case may be ). . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 10-25-02 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-25-02, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Gypo66
Just by the way, that 39kr actually comes to roughly $5.25 US.... AND they apparently also do add some sort of tax (which was an additional 8kr on 39kr, which I know since I actually managed to put a disc in my shopping cart). So are you sure about the free shipping to the states?

The additional 8kr is called "heraf moms" which translates to Value Added Tax or VAT. Any disc shipped out of Europe does not have this added to it. Once you actually complete your transaction that charge is not added in so you only pay the 39kr.
Old 10-25-02, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’ve found none of the On Air discs to have locked subs. The Driver certainly doesn’t.
Old 10-25-02, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well.....I got in on this deal.......placed an order for The Driver....so let's see what happens with these guys....(now I have never gotten a disc from Denmark before.....that's for sure).

Now on the issue of with/without VAT.....Last couple of days I had some rather extensive correspondence with Amazon.Fr....and I can assure you that VAT is applied only to goods shipped within the European Union(and a few other island nations that are also on the same Euro list). So, therefore orders to US/Canada should NOT bear any VAT %'s.

I am sure that some of the Euro guys around here could back up my words on this issue.

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 10-26-02 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-25-02, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

....ok...sorry...I forgot.....

YTSEJAM........THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

I appreciate it very much!!!
Old 10-26-02, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

VAT = Value Added Tax = called TVA (Taxe sur la Valeur Ajoutée) in France = called MwSt (Mehrwertsteuer) in Germany, etc.

...VAT will be added if a person buys something in the UK, in France, in Germany...

...VAT will be added if a person orders something from the UK, France, Germany - provided that person is a citizen of/lives in one of the EU countries... so, if an Englishman orders DVDs from a German supplier, or if a Frenchman orders DVDs from a UK supplier, or if a Dutchman orders DVDs from a French supplier, or if an Italian orders DVDs from a Spanish supplier, or if a Belgian orders DVDs from an Italian supplier, or if a Spaniard orders DVDs from a Danish supplier, the VAT will (should, ought to) be added to the bill...

...if an English person, a French person, a German person, an Italian person, a Danish person, etc., orders DVDs from Australia, say, or from Hong Kong or from the USA, (s)he may have to pay whatever the local Tax or Duties for any imported goods happens to be in her/his country... usually there is a 'limit' - a set value, which differs from country to country - usually, if the total value of what a person orders abroad stays below this limit (s)he will not have to pay anything - if the value exceeds the limit then the Tax will be applied to the difference...

...I happen to live in Switzerland, a country that is not a member of the EU... so if I order DVDs from, say France, Holland, Italy, Spain, Germany (and I do, I do!) the VAT is not applied, i.e. it is subtracted from the total amount of my bill... then, when the parcel arrives, and if the total value of the goods exceeds the local 'limit', I (may) have to pay local VAT (so far, in Switzerland this is a mere seven-and-a-half percent)... of course, I also have to pay VAT for parcels from, say, Hong Kong or Australia, if their total value exceeds the 'limit'...

...now, as pro-bassoonist correctly says above, "orders to US/Canada* should NOT bear any VAT %'s."
(*or, for that matter, any other country outside the EU)

...simple, yes?...

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 10-26-02 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-26-02, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by jonathan.e
I’ve found none of the On Air discs to have locked subs. The Driver certainly doesn’t.
The default language for THE DRIVER DVD is english. The menu and cast/director bios are all in english when you load the DVD. As jonathan mentioned ther are no locked subtitles.
Old 10-26-02, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I tried using the translator but it was unclear to me which button you actually press to actually place the order: "Godkend" or "Fortryd"?
Old 10-26-02, 09:14 AM

Walter Hill's brilliant The Driver sold @ www.dvdoo.com does NOT have locked subs -fans will be pleased to hear -AND it's the best availabe version of the film (I know as I've had the awful German and Japanese discs).
Old 10-26-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I think/hope I've successfully placed my order for The Driver.
Now does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for dvdoo packages to reach the US?
Old 10-26-02, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Doc Moonlight
I tried using the translator but it was unclear to me which button you actually press to actually place the order: "Godkend" or "Fortryd"?

Press the button on the left.
Old 10-26-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

...the only thing I am wondering is .......is the The Driver anamorphic or not?

Can anyone tell us.......?
Old 10-26-02, 11:38 AM

how do you fill out the address form?
i have no idea if my order went thru ok. Do they send an email if it worked?
Old 10-26-02, 12:03 PM

My orders from dvdoo usually take about 5-7 days to arrive. If your order goes through, you should get an invoice email. They do not send a shipping confirmation email.
Old 10-26-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, ytsejam. Are the confirmation emails sent pretty much immediately?
Old 10-26-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

as YTSEJAM correctly indicates above....ALL YOU GET IS THE INVOICE/STATEMENT number and the charge posted. No emails....or anything else like that.

How long does it take.....I have never used these guys before....

So, will anyone answer my question....Is the Driver anamorphic or not?
Old 10-26-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist

So, will anyone answer my question....Is the Driver anamorphic or not? [/B]
Yes, THE DRIVER is anamorphic. Transfer is a little grainey, but it looks good.
Old 10-26-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thank you....that's good news!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.