Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

needing LOTR help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-02, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
needing LOTR help...

I picked this title up for $40 and am really enjoying it so far. A nice break from me FPS games LOL. Of course I'm an LOTR fan so just about anything to do with the whole middle earth realm I would probably like

anyway, onto my needing a bit of help.... I've just completed all of the little side quests around hobbiton and just went back and got the ring. I now need to give the key to Mr. gamgee at #3 bagshot row. Howevery, once I exit bag's end, my "X" button becomes inactive and I can not interact with any environment. I can't read signs, or open doors. I'm stuck. what do I need to do next?

I also see the ring spinning by the old tree house/well but when I put it on, I don't see anything "hidden" and X button ain't working anyway so I can't interact with anything anyway... help!!
Old 10-17-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to #3 Bagshot row... duh

Actually, I don't know. How isthe game though, from a non biased POV?
Old 10-17-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

heh. I go to #3 bagshot row but can not open the door. my use button (x) just does nothing...

I really can not give an opinion on the game yet as I haven't even left the shire yet!!! grrrr. also supposed to be
Spoiler:
an invisible plank that you can see once you put the ring on. It supposedly leads up to the well that you drop down into that goes to a hidden cave
but that's not there either. I've tried playing through the shire again and it's the same. Seems like once I get the ring, I can go no further...
Old 10-17-02, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.gamefaqs.com might be able to help.
Old 10-17-02, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well there was obviously some sort of problem.... I erased the save games I had then went into hdd itself via xbox menu and deleted LOTR too. Then started new game and did not get the key until I needed to give it to Mr. Gamgee. Exited and got some new text that hadn't gotten before. Went down to above spoiler and worked great. Suppose it's all good now. Don't know what happened before... Just glad I wasn't on the verge of tossing the one ring into the fires of Mt. Doom and have to start over
Old 10-17-02, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are you talking about LOTR for the XBOX?
Old 10-17-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unbiased view... sort of. The camera can be horrible, but the game is fun enough to overlook it after a while. I had a few genuine scares already, and it really gets you into things (hiding from the ringwraiths really worried me). Rent it first... liking LOTR prolly helped a lot.

~Scheherazade
Old 10-19-02, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yes I was talking LOTR for xbox. I've played it a bit more and am really happy with it It's not worth $50 and for most people probably not worth the $40 I paid for it at circuit city sale. But for me, a Tolkien fan anyway) it was well worth the $40 I paid for it! It is NOT an action game. It is based on the books and the books are not really "action" books. The game so far is very engrossing. I can actually "feel" like I'm in middle earth walking the path of Frodo Baggins.

The fighting scheme is a bit weak as is the A.I. (wringwraiths don't see you if you don't move even if you're standing in the wide open road...) I haven't played Gandalf or Aragorn yet. I just now left Tom Bombadil's place and am fighting off some wolves. If you're a Tolkien fan, it's a must have title. If not, you should only pick this one up for two reasons:
1. you want a break from the typcial FPS or other action adventure games
2. you can pick it up used for ~$25

But as for me, I'm really glad I bought it and am thoroughly enjoying the whole experience of actually entering middle earth