Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

No One Lives Forever 2....Great game!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-02, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No One Lives Forever 2....Great game!

Is anyone currently playing this game? Awesome graphics, great gameplay! A must buy!.......

Old 10-15-02, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The system requirements are so high that my Athlon 750 with Geforce2 can't handle it well at all...

But if you have a newer system, and like FPS where you have to complete a lot of objectives to complete a level, than this game is for you.
Old 10-15-02, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Waiting on a console version. This game has gotten great reviews, but my PC probably can't run it.
Old 10-15-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought it and played through it. It was a pretty good looking game, graphics wise. It was pretty funny, also.

I returned the game b/c it the sound kept stuttering for some reason, and b/c the game was too short. It would probably be a damn good game on a console.
Old 10-15-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Too short? Oh no... I'm almost through with the Siberia missions... I hope there are like at least half a dozen more locations to have missions at. Otherwise, it's way shorter than the original one. It is quite funny and pretty good. Driving vehicles in this is still crappy, but the water is some of the best looking ever in a video game.
Old 10-15-02, 05:59 PM

I just recieved my copy today (thanks gogamer.com!), and I can't wait to start it this weekend. The demo has whet my appetite for NOLF again. I don't get to play games very much anymore, so I hope I can finish it before GTA: VC comes out. I won't be playing anything else for a while, I'm sure.

Ralph
Old 10-15-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Trigger
Too short? Oh no... I'm almost through with the Siberia missions... I hope there are like at least half a dozen more locations to have missions at. Otherwise, it's way shorter than the original one. It is quite funny and pretty good. Driving vehicles in this is still crappy, but the water is some of the best looking ever in a video game.
I think there are about 15 missions. My perspective is probably skewed, since I've been playing Morrowind (a huuuuge open ended game) and Empire Earth (since Christmas). Most FPS shooters tend to be short, to me.
Old 10-15-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, if by 15 missions you mean 15 different locations, then that's cool. The Siberia level had like 8 missions itself, so I can't imagine that being the end.
Old 10-16-02, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Driving vehicles in this is still crappy, but the water is some of the best looking ever in a video game.

I actually got good at driving the Snowmobile after awhile. It was a nightmare at first though. Should I feel bad that I took out some of those annoying little rabbits that keep bouncing around? The water, grass, leaves, etc. all look incredible. Luckily I have a newer PC so I can crank the graphics all the way up....

Last edited by JaxComet; 10-16-02 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-16-02, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hell yeah - the lithtech engine is f-ing amazing. The driving isn't so much tough as it is just a bad simulation. But yeah - the trees and grass and such all looks incredible.. I've spent alot of time just looking at s***.
Old 10-16-02, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
I bought it and played through it. It was a pretty good looking game, graphics wise. It was pretty funny, also.

I returned the game b/c it the sound kept stuttering for some reason, and b/c the game was too short. It would probably be a damn good game on a console.
Was this before or after they released the patch to fix the sound problems?
Old 10-16-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dgmayor

Where can you find the patch? I haven't had any problems yet but I'm fairly early in the game.....
Old 10-30-02, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy carp! The mission after the Syberia one is incredible! Very atmospheric. I just started the level in India (or whatever) and so far the game just keeps getting better and better. I'm on chapter 7, so hopefully that doesn't mean there's only 8 more to go... I want this game to last forever.
Old 10-30-02, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm playing it. Graphics are great, and the gamplay is solid, but for some reason I just can't get into it. I'm not denying it's a great game, beacuse I honestly think it is. I think it's because I JUST came off of beating Hitman 2 and the style of play is so similar that I'm just not in the mood for an FPS again. I'll probably come back to it in a month and love it heh.
Old 10-30-02, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dgmayor
There weren't any patches out when I had the game, so it must have been before.
Old 10-30-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found the ending a bit of a letdown, but the game itself was a lot of fun.
Old 10-30-02, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At the cut scene that starts level 9, my speakers start making an awful screeching sound and I can't hear any of the dialogue. The noise continues after the level starts. I hope I don't have to go through the entire level with the sound off. If I go back to earlier parts of the game the sound is fine.......

Anyone have a similar problem?
Old 10-30-02, 06:06 PM

You can get the patch at www.3dgamers.com