Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Huge Record Sale in Chicago Area - Mammoth Music Mart

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-14-02, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.lesturnerals.org/music.htm

For those who are into collecting vinyl there's a HUGE sale behind Old Orchard mall in Skokie. I was there on Friday and Sunday and picked up a slew of stuff - Laserdiscs, sheet music and CD's. Unfortunately it's their last year they're doing this because apparently interest in LP's have dropped off too much for them to continue so this is it.
Old 10-16-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx, rabbit77, I'll check it out this weekend.
Old 10-16-02, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the 25th Anniversary Music Mart sale - and the last one they'll ever do. Supposedly they're selling out everything because they don't plan on continuing this tent sale tradition next fall.

Personally, I've stopped a few times over the years and I've never actually found anything that I'd want to buy. Especially if you're looking solely for CDs. All of the stock at the tent has been donated in one form or another - so, aside from the older vinyl that they have on hand, your CD selections are pretty much limited to promos, compilations and no-name, no-hit wonder groups.

Supposedly if you camp out the first day and get in the door as soon as the "mart" opens, you can find some bargains. But, again, I've never found that to be true.

YMMV.