Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rayman Arena

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-02, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rayman Arena

I loved rayman 2 on the DC (so do my kids ) and was considering picking up Rayman Arena. Anyone here had any experience with it? and it is not Rayman 2 for xbox right. I mean this one is said to be multiplayer so I'm guessing it's an entirely new game right... but is it any good?
Old 10-13-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Check out videogames.com, they've got reviews of the game for each system.

Reviews were pretty, 'eh.
Old 10-13-02, 04:26 PM

GameSpot gave the various versions 5.1-6.2

Mainly said that if you've played one of the other mascot racing games, there's nothing new here. Artwork could have been better. The XBox and GameCube versions are superior to the PS2 version, in both level design and features.

The end of the XBox review:

"Fans of the few other foot-racing games that have been released over the years, such as Mad Dash Racing, Running Wild, or Sonic R, will find that Rayman Arena fits in nicely with these games. But the game doesn't really do anything to differentiate itself from these older foot-racing games and doesn't bring anything new to the table. Anyone looking for an exciting mascot racing game won't find too much to like here once the thrill of four-player multiplayer has worn off."
Old 10-14-02, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks to both of you for sharing! Suppose I'm gonna pass on this one as a "running" game just doesn't appeal to me