DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

The Mechanic

Old 10-13-02, 02:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mechanic

A fine dvd transfer of this Charles Bronson movie.
Anybody who likes LEON, THE KILLER or any hit man movies would enjoy this movie.
Video transfer: B
Color: B
Sound: mono
Extras: Trailer
Old 10-14-02, 08:12 PM
Banned

Perfect Film too Remake

I also bought the mechanic because I remembered it from the 70's. Thats the big problem I have with it now its very dated and very low budget. I dont like when hollywood remakes good films but the mechanic would be great to remake. Somebody like Mel Gibson in the Bronson character and a young actor may be Matt damon in the Jan Michael Vincent part .Up grade all the Hitman action better chase sequences ect and a different double cross ending.
Old 10-14-02, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
I am VERY impressed with the transfer on this one. It could have easliy been a crappy one considering how old the film is and only true die hards really know about it. I had to go to 3 BB and finally found it at Circuit City.

BTW this is one of my favorite Bronson flicks!
Old 10-15-02, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Also my favorite Bronson film, and glad to know the DVD looks good. It'll be shipping soon with my order for 10/22 titles.
Old 10-15-02, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: Perfect Film too Remake

Originally posted by coolhandluke35
I also bought the mechanic because I remembered it from the 70's. Thats the big problem I have with it now its very dated and very low budget. I dont like when hollywood remakes good films but the mechanic would be great to remake. Somebody like Mel Gibson in the Bronson character and a young actor may be Matt damon in the Jan Michael Vincent part .Up grade all the Hitman action better chase sequences ect and a different double cross ending.
When rewatching this on cable recently it struck me how strongly Jan Michael Vincent used to look like Brad Pitt does now. I agree with you that the movie has some strong ideas but its execution has not aged well. I was thinking that a remake of this would make a great vehicle for Pitt and maybe Harvey Keitel.
Old 10-17-02, 02:16 AM
Banned

Well this movie seems more believeable than THE KILLER or LEON.
Both which are better and more entertaining films.
Old 10-24-02, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Perfect Film too Remake

Originally posted by coolhandluke35
yea..and give it a nice hiphop soundtrack too!!!! cmon..remakes suck..