Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

It's Oct 12, guess what kind of music I just listened to?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Yep, Christmas music. Didn't really mean to listen to a lot, I just finished cobbling together a sound system in the bedroom with an old stereo receiver, a dumpster dived CD player and a craptastic old turntable. The only good thing are these massive speakers my wife got 15 years ago. They can BOOM!

The CD was Christmas by Jaci Velazquez. Never heard of her before last weekend, found her CD for $2 in great shape, and I thought she was a total cutie. Just gave it a listen tonite, not too bad, a little "breathy" (a good thing). Only thing is she's one of those one-eyed bible thumpers according to her webpages. I'm no devil worshipping toady, but I generally avoid that type of music. She seems to be cool though as she does a cover of Alvin and the Chipmunk's Christmas song and playfully fends off Alvin hitting on her in (really bad) Spanish.

And she's still a cutie

Anyways, I think I saw one of the first ads for Christmas music on TV around last Sun-Mon. What's the earliest you've seen one?
Old 10-12-02, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: It's Oct 12, guess what kind of music I just listened to?

Originally posted by milo bloom

Anyways, I think I saw one of the first ads for Christmas music on TV around last Sun-Mon. What's the earliest you've seen one?
I'm not sure when the earliest that I've seen ads, but I distinctly remember that on Halloween last year I went to the mall with some friends and American Eagle had Christmas music pumping and workers there were starting to put up decorations.

I can't wait to break out the Dean Martin Christmas disc...on Thanksgiving day. I love Christmas music, but I make myself wait until then to listen to it.
Old 10-14-02, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish that stores and malls would add a little variety to their standard Christmas music rotation. From the day after Halloween to Christmas, that's all they play- boring, grating, Christmas jingles. Just once, ONCE, I'd like to hear The Vandal's Gun for Christmas in Macy's or My First Christmas as a Woman in the christmas tree lot or Beck's version of Little Drummer Boy in the christmas pageant. Now that would be jolly...