Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Hitman 2 XBOX Problems?! No 480p with HD cables? HELP!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-02, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got Hitman 2 for my birthday. I’ve been using the XBOX with the High Def A/V pack on my Samsung widescreen RP HDTV for almost a year now without an issue (apart from the jumbled interlaced XBOX setup screen graphics that I’m sure everyone using a 1080i HDTV is familiar with).

When I put in Hitman 2, the graphics are a jumbled 480i mess (like the setup screen). I first thought there was something wrong with my cables, XBOX or TV, but I went through and put in every game I have and they all are fine except for Hitman. I’ve rented dozens of games and have never come across this. I’ve even played games like Batman Vengeance, which I believe is one of the only games NOT 480p but it still worked fine and was not un-viewable like this.

Please someone tell me that they have had success with H2 in 480p w/ the High Def kit. Hopefully I just got a defective disc and I can return it for a good one. Has anyone ever come across a bad disc like this with Hitman 2 or any other discs?

I was so looking forward to this game. Arrrrgh.

Thanks in advance…

Josh
Old 10-11-02, 06:38 PM

Oddly enough, if you wait and let the pre-game demo run through without touching any buttons, the prologue runs and is screwed up like everything else, but after that runs a 30 second or so trailer for Hitman 2 (even says Fall 2002) and it runs perfectly in progressive scan! It's like it is taunting me!

Then it goes back to the menus/ prologue and is screwed up again.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-12-02, 12:35 AM

FYI MLB Slugfest does not run in 480p either. I wish they would start marking the boxes with more info and specs, like "480p" and "widescreen". Or maybe reviewers could give the info but seems like they never do.

For the record I will not buy GC games that are not 480P and hate it if my X games are not at least widescreen.
Old 10-12-02, 09:31 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Ginsu if you have seen the box for NBA 2k3 check out there is like a billiong little boxes that say Widescreen, HDTV-720p, Voice, Xbox LIve, Friends, and other things.

I think the best is where is says Friends( I guess you need friends for the game to work) but Hitman 2 is one of three Xbox games that does not run in 480p
Old 10-13-02, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Well...that's weird. I think Hitman 2 looks gorgeous on my 65" TV & I could have sworn it was 480p. The screen jiggles right before it comes on just like my other games that are in 480p. And it is formatted for 16x9 TVs & is not stretched like Halo.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 10-13-02 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-13-02, 05:38 PM

Okay. It has been confirmed that Hitman 2 is one of the only games on the XBOX in existance to not be in 480p. This really sucks for those of us that only have one 480p/480p input and one 480p/1080i input on our HDTVs. I use the 480p/480p input for my progressive scan DVD player. I have the 480p/1080i set up with a 2 input switcher to switch between my HDTV STB and my XBOX. The reason why I have the XBOX on the 480p/480p input is so I can play the 1080i XBOX games (like Dragons Lair) when they become available.

So no I have to rearrange all my cabling just to play this one game because they didn’t feel like putting it in 480p like virtually every other game out there. And then once I get a 1080i game I’ll have to move everything back the way it is now and forget about ever playing Hitman 2 again. Really frustrating.

Any hope that this was an unintentional screw-up and they will send out new, non defective discs?

Can anyone explain to me why they did not put the game in 480p but they DID put the pre-game montage/trailer on the game in 480P? Does that make any sense?
Old 10-13-02, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
How do you know if it is not in 480p? I am just curious so I can look at mine and tell.