Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking for CD of 80's songs?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Looking for CD of 80's songs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-02, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for legitimate CD of 80's songs?

I'm looking for these 2 songs on CD

B-MOVIE - A Letter From Afar
TOMBOY - Why

Last edited by benedict; 10-10-02 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-09-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.b-movienet.co.uk/uksingles.htm

Apparently, "A Letter From Afar" was released as a single (7" + 12" vinyl only!) in 1994. The song was not on any album. The tracklisting was as follows:

A Letter From Afar
A Letter From Afar (Instrumental)
A Letter From Afar (Big Remix) [12" Only]

I'm not sure if you'll have much luck finding this in any record store, but you may want to check out www.gemm.com (it's listed there).

The same goes for Tomboy's "Why". As far as I know, it was only released on vinyl. You can also find the single floating around Gemm. Good luck finding much info on this band though - super obscure! Hell, I'm a retro nut and I can't even remember them.

Hope that helps!

-matt

PS: B-Movie's "Nowhere Girl" is still one of my favourite 80's tracks. Listening to the Extended mix right now... ahhh... the memories.
Old 10-09-02, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by raithen
http://www.b-movienet.co.uk/uksingles.htm

Apparently, "A Letter From Afar" was released as a single (7" + 12" vinyl only!) in 1994. The song was not on any album. The tracklisting was as follows:

A Letter From Afar
A Letter From Afar (Instrumental)
A Letter From Afar (Big Remix) [12" Only]

I'm not sure if you'll have much luck finding this in any record store, but you may want to check out www.gemm.com (it's listed there).

The same goes for Tomboy's "Why". As far as I know, it was only released on vinyl. You can also find the single floating around Gemm. Good luck finding much info on this band though - super obscure! Hell, I'm a retro nut and I can't even remember them.

Hope that helps!

-matt

PS: B-Movie's "Nowhere Girl" is still one of my favourite 80's tracks. Listening to the Extended mix right now... ahhh... the memories.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, I don't have a vinyl player but I'm thinking of buying those anyway.

Since you know obscure songs/bands, I heard this song late 80s and I don't know the title nor the band. It will make my day if you know this song/band. I only know some of the lyrics. Here is goes:

I LOOK IN YOUR EYES
I CAN SEE LOVE LIES, SMILING...HIDING
I YOU REALIZE
HOW SOON LOVE DIES
WHEN YOU STRAY...WHEN YOU STRAY

Last edited by Maryang Palad; 10-09-02 at 09:30 PM.