Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Question on GN'R Illusion Tour DVD - Brazilian release

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-02, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I searched for this & came up with nothing so I thought it'd be safe to ask here.

Would anybody know anything abt the Brazilian DVD release of the UYI World Tour that GN'R did @ Tokyo in 92 ?

I see lots of these DVDs on sale @ ebay & all the sellers say that it's an official release in Brazil. It even comes in DD 5.1 ! Did anybody here get this 'cause I'm REAL tempted to get it.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks
Old 10-08-02, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came across these the other day. Thought they might be the same as the Use Your Illusion tapes that were out at the time. I thought those were from various locations (not just Tokyo) so probably not. I'll have to dig through my closet next time I'm at my mom's and see if I still have them.

BTW, are these region-free? Or do you have a region-free player? If not, that may be an issue.
Old 10-08-02, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

from what i can see @ ebay, they are region-free. i'm trying to find someone who can tell me more abt the audio & video quality of this dvd.
Old 10-15-02, 01:49 PM

I bought GnR UYI I & II, along with a bunch of other music DVD's unavailable in the US from CDBrazil -- which is one of the regular sellers on eBay.

The GNR Use Your Illusion DVD's are very good quality with respect to audio & video. The performance is awesome. The menu selections are in Portugese, but otherwise the DVD is just like you'd buy in the US.

If you like GnR, you won't be disappointed with these DVD's. Given that they're imports (and NOT bootlegs -- they're clearly official releases), the price being charged is very reasonable -- I paid something like $24 plus $8 shipping for the two GnR DVD's.

FYI, I also purchased the Rolling Stones' Let's Spend the Night Together & Gimme Shelter, George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh, and Aerosmith's Big Ones You Can Look At. The Stones titles were very good quality -- Gimme Shelter is supposed to be off of the same master as the US Critereon version and has all of the features/extras, except for DTS. Bangladesh is OK quality. The Aerosmith DVD was disappointing with respect to audio/video quality, but was still worth getting -- it was thrown in by the sellers as part of a package deal.

Regards
BB

Last edited by bb80301; 10-15-02 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-17-02, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you so much ! I'll DEFINITELY be picking this up
Old 10-18-02, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you have a tracklisting for the G n R stuff?
Old 10-20-02, 10:12 AM

GUNS N'ROSES - USE YOUR ILLUSION I & II - LIVE IN TOKYO

Volume I
1. Nightrain
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Live And Let Die
4. It´s So Easy
5. Bad Obsession
6. Attitude
7. Pretty Tied Up
8. Welcome To The Jungle
9. Don´t Cry
10. Double Talkin ´Jive
11. Civil War
12. Wild Horses
13. Patience
14. November Rain
Approx time 90 min

Volume II
1. You Could Be Mine
2. Drum solo & Guitar Solo
3. Theme from "The Godfather"
4. Sweet Child O´Mine
5. So Fine
6. Rocket Queen
7. Move To the City
8. Knockin´ On Heaven´s Door
9. Estranged
10. Paradise City
Approx time 90 min

AUDIO English: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Subtitle options: Portuguese, English
Old 10-20-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got the original laserdisc set of that GNR concert.......and let me tell you, out of all the concert discs I have, or have seen, it is still my favorite. You'll get 3 hours of GNR LIVE!
Old 10-22-02, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by demonio
I've got the original laserdisc set of that GNR concert.......and let me tell you, out of all the concert discs I have, or have seen, it is still my favorite. You'll get 3 hours of GNR LIVE!

i agree i used to have it on 2 VHS tapes but they got moudly & i had to get rid of them

i then managed to pick them up on vcd but it was not the complete show though it was spread across 2 discs. and then last week, one of my friends who had the LD made a copy of it onto VCD for me & i was able to relive the entire experience again

now if only i could find the freddie mercury tribute in it's entirety, i could rest in peace
Old 06-26-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
I saw these today [BEST BUY] for $21.99 each... I almost jumped for joy then noticed that they were IMPORTS... I want US releases and they should be packaged together not seperatly... Guess I'll wait and wait and wait and... u get the point
Old 06-29-03, 11:21 AM

Believe it or not, you should check Sam Goody, if you have one near you...as it was stock full of these "grey area" releases...
including the Stones (at the max, let's spend the night together), Sex Pistols, Judas Priest, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, the Who, Police, Queen, etc. A little pricey but....more selections than Best Buy had ! I was totally surprised !

I picked up the Joe Cocker "Mad Dogs and Englishmen". It had a transfer glitch, but it was worth it just to get it ! Great concert film that deserves official release !
Old 06-30-03, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by mikenyc
Believe it or not, you should check Sam Goody, if you have one near you...as it was stock full of these "grey area" releases...
Yeah I noticed that too. They seem to get DVD's that no one else get... there is a SG near, and also at Suncost they have rare [a bit Pricey] Music DVD's.
Old 10-16-03, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guns N' Roses hasn't released a new album in a decade, but that isn't stopping Geffen from delving into the group's back catalog. On Oct. 28, the label will offer the first DVD editions of the 1998 home video "Welcome to the Videos," plus the separate 1992 home videos "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II: World Tour - 1992 in Toyko."

"Welcome to the Videos" rounds up clips for such favorites as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Patience,"
"Don't Cry" and GNR's cover of Wings' "Live and Let Die."

The "Use Your Illusion" videos chronicle Tokyo performances from the tour in support of the two-part 1991 album of the same name, which debuted on the same day at No. 1 and 2 on The Billboard 200.

No bonus features have been added to any of the three DVDs.

from [BILLBOARD.com]
Old 10-16-03, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

gerrythedon, thanks for the news!

hopefully, the concert DVDs will have the DTS tracks that can be found on the Korean edition of this release...
Old 10-16-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by InnocentBlood
gerrythedon, thanks for the news!

hopefully, the concert DVDs will have the DTS tracks that can be found on the Korean edition of this release...
U're Welcome... hopefully the dvs's are not priced TOO MUCH [Use Your Illusions 1 & 2]. Maybe they would be $14.99 each [not a good chance], But $33 [w/ tax] is still alot for a 2dvd concert.
Old 10-17-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually the DVD's are 10.49 each if you pre-order at Amazon with free shipping.
Old 10-17-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, I just checked Amazon and the Illusion DVD's are $12.73 each and the Welcome To The Videos DVD is $10.49.
Old 10-19-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no "november rain" video?
Old 10-20-03, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro 525
no "november rain" video?
Videos:

Welcome to the Jungle
Sweet Child O' Mine
Paradise City
Patience
Don't Cry
Live and Let Die
November Rain
Yesterdays
The Garden
Dead Horse
Garden of Eden
Estranged
Since I Don't Have You
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's missing 2 videos:

You Could Be Mine
Don't Cry [Alt. Lyrics]
Old 10-20-03, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

can anyone share the love with these @ amazon?

[email protected]

thanks!!
Old 10-21-03, 05:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish the video for You Could Be Mine was on that collection. It's not on the Terminator 2 DVD (pick any version). Wish it was available.

Still very glad about the Tokyo DVDs.
Old 10-22-03, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by too much
I wish the video for You Could Be Mine was on that collection. It's not on the Terminator 2 DVD (pick any version). Wish it was available.
It'll also be cool if they added a second Audio track for "Don't Cry"... and also put the live montage video for "Welcome to the Jungle" that was released to promote the LIVE album. I saw it ONCE on mtv [and it was Sweet.]

Last edited by gerrythedon; 10-22-03 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-17-03, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jewel Cases - WTF??

well, i finally got UYI I & II and the Videos DVD from amazon last week..

the UYI II DVD is in a keepcase, but the other 2 are in jewel cases... what's up with that?! i haven't opened them up yet in hopes that there are keepcase versions of UYI I and WttV... can anyone shed some light?? thanks..
Old 11-17-03, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Jewel Cases - WTF??

Originally posted by mkdevo
well, i finally got UYI I & II and the Videos DVD from amazon last week..

the UYI II DVD is in a keepcase, but the other 2 are in jewel cases... what's up with that?! i haven't opened them up yet in hopes that there are keepcase versions of UYI I and WttV... can anyone shed some light?? thanks..
if i'm not mistaken, amazon has both the jewel case version & the dvd keepcase version listed on the site but i think there's no way of telling which is which.

content-wise, i am sure that they are all the same.

perhaps, you could send it back & get amazon to send you the correct one...

just to confirm, UYI I & II is in DD2.0 only right? There's no DD5.1 track on this release right?
Old 11-17-03, 09:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
That is correct. It is DD 2.0 not DD 5.1. It still looks and sounds miles above the VHS!!!