Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD REVIEW: "Time Out" with screen captures

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-02, 08:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Releasing by Seville Pictures next Tuesday the 24th, 2002:

CLICK HERE to access.

Comments:

Seville Pictures are quickly making a name for themselves for not only the quality of their DVD production, but their choice of film to distribute. This is a magnificent offering from Laurent Cantet, one worthy of the fine DVD that Seville have produced.

Pros: The image quality is sharp and tight without excessive contrast or brightness. It is in an original aspect ratio of 1.85:1, anamorphic widescreen. Negligible Edge Enhancement exists, but you could only see it in detail with a magnifying glass against your television tube. The white subtitles are over two lines using the bottom border as the bridge. They are visible but small enough to remain discreet and not detract from the onscreen activities. There are 20 Chapters stops, audio options of French 5.1 Dolby Surround and French 2.0 Stereo. Being in bi-lingual Canada (Seville) the first DVD Menu option is a choice of French or English for your subsequent menu screens.

Cons: A commentary or short documentary would have been a benefit, but it is unknown that one exists or the principles were available for a commentary. I couldn't find the advertised 'theatrical trailer', but I have been know to miss things before. I gave it 4.5/5.

Cheers,
Old 09-21-02, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't quite understand the raves this film has received as I wasn't a big fan of it when I saw it theatrically. (It has an unbelievable metacritic rating).

That being said, I'm glad to hear of Seville's quality DVD. They are releasing "Late Marriage" next month, which was a wonderful film I'd love to own, and "Happy Accidents" which I'd like to see.
Old 09-22-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

NICE REVIEW AT YOUR WEBSITE!

I thought the movie was excellent. Tooze, do you know if there is going to be a USA release of this disc anytime soon?

cheers, Tony Block
Old 09-22-02, 11:07 PM

I hear this movie is great, but is it a repeat viewe? I mean how many times is someone gonna want to watch this again...
Old 09-23-02, 12:48 PM

Phyre,

I want to watch it again. But I don't know if I'm even remotely typical.

Seville is putting out LATE MARRIAGE? Holy *****! Best movie of 2002. Is there some place you can see everything that Seville is putting out?
Old 09-24-02, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's where I saw the info on "Late Marriage":

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...e.php3?ID=3306

Seville's website is very uninformative and I couldn't find anything relating to DVD releases, but "digitally obsessed" has been putting out some info on upcoming Seville releases like "Jan Dara", "Luminous Motion" and "A Good Baby". You can look through the listing under "Press Releases".
Old 09-26-02, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone received this yet? I have not seen it but was thinking of picking it up. I like the premise of the movie, but it sounds like there are mixed opinions. I will probably do a blind purchase anyway.