Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Pearl Jam album finally has a title!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIOT ACT

Releases Novemeber 12

The title kind of sounds like 80s glamrock, but I kind of like it. Can't wait!!!!!!!

http://www.sonymusic.net/artists/Pea.../rumorpit.html
Old 09-11-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm already anticipating the official bootlegs from the next tour!
Old 09-12-02, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

shoot I can't even keep up with the other bootlegs (IE I don't have any yet hehe). The thought of owning all of them makes me drool. That title kicks ass though.
Old 09-12-02, 11:13 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-02, 11:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
In other news, the new Creed album will be called HYATT PACT.
Old 09-12-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Eh, I think the title is pretty lame.
I am curious what sort of album design they'll have this time... Vitalogy probably having the coolest design so far.

Anyone know run time/track list so far?
Old 09-12-02, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its just another weird title for PJ,I kinda like the title and cant wait for this release,isnt it coming out in Nov. sometime?
Old 09-13-02, 03:22 PM

Here's the latest:

Tracks for Riot Act:

1) Can't Keep (3:38)
2) Save You (3:50)
3) Love Boat Captain (4:36)
4) Cropduster (3:52)
5) Ghost (3:14)
6) I Am Mine (3:35)
7) Thumbing My Way (4:08)
8) You Are (4:28) 9) Get Right (2:39)
10) Green Disease (2:41)
11) Help Help (3:35)
12) Bush Leaguer (3:57)
13) 1/2 Full (4:11)
14) Arc (1:05)
15) All Or None (4:37)

You can hear the first single "I Am Mine" here

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/musi...ongs_first.jsp

Release date: November 12

Here's the artwork for the single, not sure if it hints to the actual album artwork

Old 09-13-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sixty more days...
Old 09-13-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I hear the new song (I'm not sure of the title) on the radio this morning.

It was pretty good - a little different but not too far off of typical Pearl Jam. It was kind of melow without coming off like a dirge. It had a good, recognizable melody.
Old 09-13-02, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Meatpants
Here's the latest:

You can hear the first single "I Am Mine" here

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/musi...ongs_first.jsp

sounds pretty good. I'll have to check it out when it comes out. I didn't really care for their last one much though
Old 09-13-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PJ is my favorite band and I am glad they are continuing to put out albums. They have changed a lot but I like it. It's kinda like they have matured but I guess I have also.
Old 09-15-02, 08:12 PM

YES !!

I can't wait to start scheduling my many pj concerts next year.
Old 09-16-02, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

PJ are actually filming a couple of videos. I believe this is the first time since the Jeremy video.
Old 09-16-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by zak52
PJ are actually filming a couple of videos. I believe this is the first time since the Jeremy video.
They seriously need to make an outreach push to a new audience and making videos would be a surefire way to get them back in the TRL teeny-bopper limelight. That last album "Binaural" was such a huge disappointment, they really need to make some sort of splash to retain their "major act" status.
Old 09-17-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by grunter
They seriously need to make an outreach push to a new audience and making videos would be a surefire way to get them back in the TRL teeny-bopper limelight. That last album "Binaural" was such a huge disappointment, they really need to make some sort of splash to retain their "major act" status.
I don't see Pearl Jam ever becoming accepted by the TRL 'teeny-bopper' crowd, but MTV gearing more towards rock these days, maybe...Yeah, Do The Evolution was played a few times, but that's about it...I dunno, I didn't find "Binaural" at all a disappointment...Pearl Jam are doing their own thing and have been for years, nobody likes it, tuff luck.
Old 09-17-02, 10:44 AM

I don't think PJ has any interest in becoming U2, doing videos, award shows, etc. I think they're very comfortable making albums, selling a million copies, then touring for a year. I prefer their last two albums to their first two albums at this point, although I'm a slave to all of them.
Old 09-18-02, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by zak52
They did have some videos after I believe.. I know Evolution had a video and that was much later, although that was done all animated by that dude who does the Spawn comic I believe. Also, Oceans had a video, although it wasn't released, except on the Touring Band DvD.

As far as Binaural being a failure, it's all in what you call a success. If sheer number of albums sold means it was a success or not, then in those terms it was a failure. I think they're fine with that, and making their fans happy. I thought that album was pretty good amd prob number 3 in my opinion, I still believe that NoCode was the best..
Old 09-18-02, 12:52 PM

I don't think PJ has any interest in becoming U2, doing videos, award shows, etc. I think they're very comfortable making albums, selling a million copies, then touring for a year. I prefer their last two albums to their first two albums at this point, although I'm a slave to all of them.

I really enjoy U2(not a superfan or anything), but I think any true fan of theirs has to be sorta saddened when you have to watch Bono, talk to Carson Daly about his thoughts on Destiny's Child or something.. at TRL. They've become way to commercial.
Old 09-18-02, 04:08 PM

Everything U2 does at this point seems planned and premeditated, while PJ seemed to accept long ago they were heading down a different path.

I don't feel like U2 would still be performing music if the arenas were empty, while I think PJ would get together and make music even if they never released another album.
Old 09-19-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everything U2 does at this point seems planned and premeditated, while PJ seemed to accept long ago they were heading down a different path.

I don't feel like U2 would still be performing music if the arenas were empty, while I think PJ would get together and make music even if they never released another album.
u2 wouldn't be performing if the arenas were empty... they would be concentrating full time on their political ideas... Bono helps so many people worldwide with his causes and beliefs, that it is really amazing, and while musically, they have always been very commercial, i think to overlook the fact that they are taking this pop status and putting it to extremely good use would be ignorant....

I love Pearl Jam, but the guys in U2, regardless of how many times they are on TRL, are really intelligent and caring people....

MATT

and p.s.... i don't think the arenas would ever be empty for a U2 concert... likewise for a PJ concert, no matter what road either take
Old 09-23-02, 11:02 AM

Two of the songs from the new album were played on KROQ (Save Me and You Are), and are posted at http://www.pearljamonline.it
Old 09-23-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by SpaceBoy

I really enjoy U2(not a superfan or anything), but I think any true fan of theirs has to be sorta saddened when you have to watch Bono, talk to Carson Daly about his thoughts on Destiny's Child or something.. at TRL. They've become way to commercial.
And then there are those "true" fans of U2 who get the joke - so to speak - and who can't seem to get enough of Bono in full-on "Fly" mode, yakking with pseudo-celebrities who are 13 minutes into their 15 minutes of fame.

Who knew that to be a fan of Pearl Jame meant you had to hate U2 so much? Sometimes you wonder why they don't print up and distribute hand-outs on matters this crucial.
Old 09-23-02, 12:35 PM

Originally posted by grunter
Who knew that to be a fan of Pearl Jame meant you had to hate U2 so much? Sometimes you wonder why they don't print up and distribute hand-outs on matters this crucial.
I for one like U2 and love PJ. The one problem I have with U2 is I often feel used when I see them performing on the People's Choice Award, shilling on Oprah, charging $100 for tickets, etc. I mean, I feel the same way when Eddie Vedder starts droning on about the rich and Ralph Nader, but it seems like it happens less often.
Old 09-23-02, 12:52 PM

Pearl Jam is a relic of an era ("90s", grunge) just as Poison is a relic of the 80s. U2 (regardless of some bad choices..........PoPMart?) are the Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones of Gen X. Im not comparing the two, but they fit in that category. Think about it...the sixties had the Beatles, the Who and the Stones, the 70s had Zeppelin and Floyd. Then what? Im guessing U2, maybe REM. Who is "the" rock and roll band RIGHT NOW? Anyway, point is that IMO Pearl Jam is alright, but nothing to write home about.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.