Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Elvis Presley's ELV1S 30 #1 Hits due 9/24!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-11-02, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

31 #1's on 1 CD

1. Heartbreak Hotel
2. Don't Be Cruel
3. Hound Dog
4. Love Me Tender
5. Too Much
6. All Shook Up
7. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
8. Jailhouse Rock
9. Don't
10. Hard Headed Woman
11. One Night
12. I Need Your Love Tonight
13. A Big Hunk O' Love
14. Stuck On You
15. It's Now Or Never
16. Are You Lonesome Tonight
17. Wooden Heart
18. Surrender
19. (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
20. Can't Help Falling In Love
21. Good Luck Charm
22. She's Not You
23. Return To Sender
24. (You're The) Devil In Disguise
25. Crying In The Chapel
26. In The Ghetto
27. Suspicious Minds
28. The Wonder Of You
29. Burning Love
30. Way Down
31. BONUS TRACK: A Little Less Conversation (Dutch d.j. JXL remix)

<HR>
I forgot to mention that this set replaces these 2 which are now OOP:

ELV1S Contains: 28 of the 38 songs from The Top 10 Hits & is missing:
<small>I Want You, I Need You, I Love You ~ Love Me ~ I Beg of You ~ Wear My Ring Around Your Neck ~ I Got Stung ~ (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I ~ I Feel So Bad ~ Little Sister ~ Bossa Nova Baby ~ Don't Cry Daddy</small>

17 of the 18 <small>songs from The Number Ones & is missing: <small>I Want You, I Need You, I Love You </small>
Old 09-11-02, 02:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Elvis the only artist that has had this many issues of the same content over and over. How many best of Elvis comps do we need when there are so many other artist that barely have a catalog on CD but have tons of 'lost' albums to the format?
Old 09-11-02, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Chuck L
Is Elvis the only artist that has had this many issues of the same content over and over. How many best of Elvis comps do we need when there are so many other artist that barely have a catalog on CD but have tons of 'lost' albums to the format?
The reason this one came about was due to the success the Beatles "1" had. It seems all labels want to put out one comprehensive greatest hits cd for their big artists these days (Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Kiss, etc.) Since Elvis has had so many different compilations it makes sense they would want to narrow it down to one "must have" cd.
Old 09-12-02, 08:33 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Dubya
The reason this one came about was due to the success the Beatles "1" had. It seems all labels want to put out one comprehensive greatest hits cd for their big artists these days (Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Kiss, etc.) Since Elvis has had so many different compilations it makes sense they would want to narrow it down to one "must have" cd.

I understand all that...and that isn't really part of a problem for me. What I am wondering though is that is seems that his music gets raped every year or so.

While I see a point for some of the releases in the compreshensive greatest hits collections that are arriving in mass amounts these days...they have only changed like one or two songs on this collection and basically new art. Granted, I buy anything from certain artist...BUT...there is a limit as well. I am a Madonna fan, but even I didn't purchase the the latest greatest hits collection because there wasn't a need (much less it was all the radio edits...screw that...)

This is also not to say that Elvis is not a worthy artist...he is....but there are so many artist out there lacking on CD that the constant reissues of things already out there are starting to really piss me off.
Old 09-22-02, 06:19 AM
Mod Emeritus

<small>
I understand all that...and that isn't really part of a problem for me. What I am wondering though is that is seems that his music gets raped every year or so.
</small>A similar thing seems to happen with Jimi Hendrix (and to Marc Bolan).
Old 09-22-02, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Re: KMART Week of September 24-29

Originally posted by bigjim25
Yeah, I caught that. I'm going to price match that at WalMart. The reason, besides the fact that there isn't a K-Mart near me, is that Wal Mart's version will come with an exclusive interview disc. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but it makes a good deal better.
Old 09-24-02, 01:13 PM

Just to follow up, the album is already priced at Walmart for $9.84, and that's an exclusive 2-disc set with an interview disc in a thin double-disc case. Great Deal!!!
Old 09-24-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
I got it at Best Buy and it is F#$%ing great! I have always had a weak spot for Elivs music but never found an ideal compilation album until now.
Old 09-24-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
Kmart didn't have any copies when I stopped by (LOSERS!) so I ended up paying a whole $1 more at Fred Meyer for it when I stopped by there. Well worth it, seems to be a great set. I have a disc of Elvis' Sun Records stuff but nothing from his later years, so this is a nice compilation.
Old 09-25-02, 12:09 AM

$10.99 at my local Best Buy store. Worth the extra $1 to not have to step inside either "Mart", K- or Wal-. Great disc, BTW.
Old 09-25-02, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

While I see a point for some of the releases in the compreshensive greatest hits collections that are arriving in mass amounts these days...they have only changed like one or two songs on this collection and basically new art. Granted, I buy anything from certain artist...BUT...there is a limit as well. I am a Madonna fan, but even I didn't purchase the the latest greatest hits collection because there wasn't a need (much less it was all the radio edits...screw that...)

This is also not to say that Elvis is not a worthy artist...he is....but there are so many artist out there lacking on CD that the constant reissues of things already out there are starting to really piss me off.
Happens to many artists. Compilations are just repackaged. Can be really annoying but the fault is with the record companies.
Old 09-25-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
Just to follow up, the album is already priced at Walmart for $9.84, and that's an exclusive 2-disc set with an interview disc in a thin double-disc case. Great Deal!!!
Thanks for the heads up, I pcked it up here b/c of your post.
Old 09-25-02, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Slightly unrelated, but is the "A Little Less Conversation" re-mix the same song in Ocean's 11 (2001) when they get to Vegas? While the tune is good, I keep thinking of Clooney and co. whenever I hear it.
Old 09-25-02, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by GuessWho
Thanks for the heads up, I pcked it up here b/c of your post.
Glad I could help

Slightly unrelated, but is the "A Little Less Conversation" re-mix the same song in Ocean's 11 (2001) when they get to Vegas? While the tune is good, I keep thinking of Clooney and co. whenever I hear it.
Yup, it's the same song. On the commentary track, the screenwriter comments that he's never heard this Elvis song before. It was also used in a series of Nike ads.
Old 10-05-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you haven't bought this yet, they are coming out with a Delux Edition.

COMES OUT OCTOBER 27 http://www.elvis-express.com/news27.html

ELVIS 30 #1 Hits is the fastest selling Elvis album of all time, with total sales in excess of 9 million units!

Not only did ELVIS break sales records, this landmark album, along with the Worldwide No.1 single "A Little Less Conversation", repositioned ELVIS to a whole new audience.

To celebrate this momentous album and to coincide with the release of "ELVIS 2ND TO NONE", RCA/BMG are releasing "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits - Delux Edition".

The new edition features:
Delux 'hard back' digi-pack packaging
Bonus disc featuring 15 classic rare and unavailable tracks
Disc Two:
01. Heartbreak Hotel
02. All Shook Up
03. Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
04. A Big Hunk O Love
05. Stuck On You - Take 1
06. It's Now Or Never - Takes 2 & 3
07. Surrender - Take 2
08. His Latest Flame - Rehearsal & Take 2