Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Want to return new HDTV, what to get? what is better? HELP

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 09-10-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again DVDTalkers. I recently bought a new Sony 36 inch model KV36hs20 HDTV ready tv. It's the same ones you can see on Access Hollywood, they have like 4 of them on their stage. Anyways, its an ok tv. I am not happy with the axis setting i have to set it all the way to -7 and its still slighty slanted. The picture of broadcast tv seems kind of orange looking to me. The whites are not just white to me. It is one heavy tv too, but i knew that. I feel that i might have made a rush buy. Can you help me out? I am thinking of returning this set to Sears where i bought it from.

It costs $1699.88 . I've had it ISF calibrated and i just had a Sears Sony tech come out to see about fixing the axis but i might have to send it in to have that fixed/adjusted.
If I return this set which cost me $1699.88 is there a set on the maket, hopefully at Sears that i might exchange for? Is there a tv out there for the price that can give me more bang for my $$$$. Please help. If not, i might just keep it. Please let me know of models out there that i might look into. ( No projection please, i live in an apartment.) Thanks.
Old 09-10-02, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are different types of ISF calibration and a color calibration is obviously different then a geometry correction.
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay, and why didn't you voice your concerns if not satisfied with the results?
Old 09-11-02, 03:32 PM

Sony TV's tend to have the "orangish red". At least every analog and digital Sony I have every seen out of the box looks this way. Toshiba's tend to have cooler colors.