Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official DVDTalk Madden PS2 League Part II

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-02, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Official DVDTalk Madden PS2 League Part II - New Info

We're getting closer to having all 32 players. Once we have all 32 players there will be a lottery for draft picks and then we will begin the draft. Below is the list of users that are interested in the league and also in bold are the users that are confirmed to have both the Network Adapter and Madden 2003. If you name is on the list and there's no madden(bold) name, please let me know the status on you getting a network adapter and/or madden 2003 so you can join the league.

Another thing i would like to add is for those of you that might not be interested in playing in a league there will also be various 8 and 16 team tournaments run throughout the course of the year. You can also use this opportunity to just play against other DVDTalk users.

I have setup a new website and new forum. For those that were already members of the old forum...sign up for the new one. There will be no more changes. Both are on good hosts and have NO popups so I urge whoever wants to participate in any form of playing madden 2003 online with others to join the forum. There is a private message feature on the forum you can also use to schedule exhibition games with others. For those interested in playing in the leagues and/or tournaments its pretty much required that you join since most of the annoucements, scheduling, communication, etc will all take place in the forum. I still need to make a few cosmetic changes to the website and forum but its all in full working order.

website

DVDTalk Name / Madden Name / connection type

broadwayblue - - broadband
mrglass - mrglass - broadband
Big Dave - Da Big Dave - broadband
TaTTooD - TaTTooD - broadband
The Cow
nyr4321 - Nyr4321 - broadband
duy37 - duy37 - broadband
RockyMtnBri - RockyMtnBri - broadband
zerotl - ZEROTL - broadband
JNielsen - jnielsen - broadband
jw2299 - Angry J - broadband
J-Dubya - JOE711 - broadband
monkeyhair - monkeyhair -
fjser
evenflowddt - MM.aenima - broadband
dasmooth1 - Kill imay - 56k
acidburnlk - Leon - 56k
S}{ammer - jlem - broadband
donnie5 - donnie5 - 56k
qbert - erikiyo - broadband
dgmayor - DGMayor - broadband
drsifu - DrSifu - broadband
Krypto - soupy dreck- broadband
amplified - Amplified - broadband
jamieg47 - jamie47 -
Pretz4040 - Pretz40 - broadband
ivelostr2 - ivelostr2 - broadband
tavarua88 - tavarua88 - broadband
MCSeffect - MCSeffect - broadband
uiucpimp - uiucpimp - dial up
The Impaler - broadband
Samrej - Samrej - Broadband
skookie90 - skookie90 - broadband
MM-Brutus - MM-Brutus - 56k

Last edited by TaTTooD; 09-10-02 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-07-02, 04:47 PM

My new madden name which I will use for the season is Leon. Please change the records. Thanks.
Old 09-07-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

forum link just brings up page not found. My madden name is jlem now, I changed it because the servers dropped s}{ammer for some reason and I play on another forum using jlem.
Old 09-07-02, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by s}{ammer
forum link just brings up page not found.

id try refreshing it or else AIM me if its not working...everything is working fine and i've had others look at it and it also works fine for them
Old 09-07-02, 05:17 PM

For those who dont have a network adapter check out Sam Goody, i went today and they had 4!!! (at UTC, san diego)
Old 09-08-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally got my adapter.

Username - jnielsen

Broadband
Old 09-08-02, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

we have 25 people....we need 7 more to start....whoever wants to play.....sign up..and we'll start

for those signed up now and those who want to sign up, click the link above and register at my madden league forum. the majority of the league discussion and game scheduling will happen through this forum so if youre playing in the league its pretty much REQUIRED that you sign up
Old 09-08-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I posted this on the other dite and i wanted to post it here too, Just wanted some feedback about it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with all of you on a lot of the rules and whatever is finally decided I will support and follow them no matter what. But I do have a few questions and points...

1. If you have a quick QB, and you roll out to pass and the recievers are covered, its instinct to run the ball. nad if you have Stewart or mcnabb, it's part of the advantage. Now more than 1-2 times per series is unacceptable, but if i were to get lucky enough to get one of those teams, i would hate to think, "No i can't run the ball here because the other guy will turn me in. " If I play these teams, i would just run a QB spy more often. I think it would be more unrealistic not to use the speed to their advantage. I don't want you guys to be mad and think I am supporting the cheaters, I just want to make sure that it is clear what we don't aren't going to allow, and the difference of what is just fair play or what is just using each teams strengths. Are we going to limit how many times you can throw to moss if you are the vikings?
Is it clear what I am asking, I'm not trying to start trouble and I don't want to be flamed here, but I am just tryng to figure out the limits of what we aare restricting.

2. I do not support the curbing of the use of hurry up offense. I think that occasionally going hurry up is fun and keeps the defense off balance. when I play with my friends in house, every once and A while I doit to keep them on their toes. that's what audibles are for you should be prepared for that.

...like i said, I will follow what ever you guys say, but i just wanted my opinion to be voiced, and again, I am not complaining or trying to cause problems, just wanted to be heard...

Nick
Old 09-08-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ivelostr2
I posted this on the other dite and i wanted to post it here too, Just wanted some feedback about it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with all of you on a lot of the rules and whatever is finally decided I will support and follow them no matter what. But I do have a few questions and points...

1. If you have a quick QB, and you roll out to pass and the recievers are covered, its instinct to run the ball. nad if you have Stewart or mcnabb, it's part of the advantage. Now more than 1-2 times per series is unacceptable, but if i were to get lucky enough to get one of those teams, i would hate to think, "No i can't run the ball here because the other guy will turn me in. " If I play these teams, i would just run a QB spy more often. I think it would be more unrealistic not to use the speed to their advantage. I don't want you guys to be mad and think I am supporting the cheaters, I just want to make sure that it is clear what we don't aren't going to allow, and the difference of what is just fair play or what is just using each teams strengths. Are we going to limit how many times you can throw to moss if you are the vikings?
Is it clear what I am asking, I'm not trying to start trouble and I don't want to be flamed here, but I am just tryng to figure out the limits of what we aare restricting.

2. I do not support the curbing of the use of hurry up offense. I think that occasionally going hurry up is fun and keeps the defense off balance. when I play with my friends in house, every once and A while I doit to keep them on their toes. that's what audibles are for you should be prepared for that.

...like i said, I will follow what ever you guys say, but i just wanted my opinion to be voiced, and again, I am not complaining or trying to cause problems, just wanted to be heard...

Nick
For point 1 I think you are responding to a post I had made. I agree that if you have say Vick that it is an inherent advantage and should be used when possible. The thing I was saying related to a game in which Vick was run 3/4 of the time from the shotgun. Now at the time I was not sure how to stop it and Vick ran for like 7 touchdowns against me. Now I know there are several defenses that would really help limit that and I could protect myself from that type of play. However, there may be users that do not know what should be called in such a situation and would get burned. I am not advocating a limit on the numbers of times the QB can run, but it be within the realm of realism. Running on 3rd and 25 or something just does not make sense and makes the game a lot less fun. It is a tool of the player, but really should not be abused.
Old 09-09-02, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this is gonna be great.

i can't wait
Old 09-09-02, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
COPIED THIS FROM THE NEW MADDEN LEAGUE FORUM TATTOOD SET UP

I'm not a big fan of making rules outside of the rules already established as part of the Madden game but whatever rules are decided upon I'll support.
The way I see it is that if someone is stupid enough to run with a QB constantly or go for it on 4th and 10 on their own 15 then they are in for a lot of losing. What I don't want to see is rules affecting decision making. For instance if someone had the Falcons, a big advantage of having a team like the Falcons is knowing you have Vick's ability to scramble or run. That's about all they have (other than Warrick Dunn). In my opinion, taking that away would make the game very unrealistic. I can see making rules about 4 downs, Line shifting, Hot Routes, etc.. but I personally think that taking away a QB's ability to scramble would be a mistake. Most of us know that there are several ways to shut down scrambling QB's. Also, I don't like curbing the use of the no huddle. I don't use it a whole lot unless coming from behind but I hate to see someone else not have the ability to do so. Once again I'll suport whatever rules are decided upon.... Just wanted to toss my views out there

Last edited by amplified; 09-09-02 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-09-02, 02:09 PM

I have a Q...

I figured that the other couldn't see it if I R2 'ed andbrought up my routes, but When playing the other day it seemed as if he knew what i wasdoing thecouple time I brought them up, They can't see that right, it is just shown to me?
Old 09-09-02, 02:10 PM

sorrym I thoguht you knew, ivelostr2 is my madden name, I am on and ready with my broadband connection...
Old 09-09-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a Q...

I figured that the other couldn't see it if I R2 'ed andbrought up my routes, but When playing the other day it seemed as if he knew what i wasdoing thecouple time I brought them up, They can't see that right, it is just shown to me?

all your opponent can see is your offensive formation, not the play you actually picked
Old 09-09-02, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by TaTTooD
all your opponent can see is your offensive formation, not the play you actually picked
No I mean when pullingup the route once the team is in formation, can they see that?
or is that what you mean they can see the formation. They see me pull back the camera but not the actual route that will be run
Old 09-09-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No I mean when pullingup the route once the team is in formation, can they see that?
or is that what you mean they can see the formation. They see me pull back the camera but not the actual route that will be run
i'm not sure if their screen pulls up like yours does...i've never had it happen to me when playing but either way they wouldnt be able to see your play
Old 09-09-02, 02:41 PM

thank you
Old 09-09-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

we need 4 more teams and we can start......sign up

Last edited by TaTTooD; 09-09-02 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-10-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

we need 1 more team to have the full 32....sign up

Last edited by TaTTooD; 09-10-02 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-10-02, 03:10 PM

I don't want to see limits on plays called. If someone wants to go for it on 4th and 15, why not let them? You've held them for 3 plays already.

This is going to be great!
Old 09-10-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by J-Dubya
I don't want to see limits on plays called. If someone wants to go for it on 4th and 15, why not let them? You've held them for 3 plays already.
takes away from the realism. if the league was for thousands of dollars in prize money then i could see it, but its a league for fun with realism being the most important factor...thats why there are rules like that in place
Old 09-10-02, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

we filled the league..this thread can be closed
Old 09-10-02, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by TaTTooD
we filled the league..this thread can be closed