Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DDD International Orders

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DDD International Orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-02, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD International Orders

Just wondering if any international customers have had delays in getting there goods from these guys?
I have never had any problems with them in the past but I currently have a $350 US order with them that was said to e shipped over 6 weeks ago that still hasnt arrived here in australia, they had charged my credit card on that same day to.

There website states 8 - 15 days for delivery, there customer service just tells me to keep waiting...i'm gettig pretty worried now as in the last email they said that I wasnt even assigned a tracking number..sounds pretty sus to me.

Does anyone have any advice? or has anybody else encountered the same problems?
Old 09-02-02, 07:59 PM

DDD = Glacial shipping - you could be waiting up to 5 weeks.
Old 09-03-02, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
There's a thread somewhere about how some people have experienced problems and others have not. I've never had a problem and I've had some packages arrive from them inside of 48 hours. My longest wait was a week and a half. I've placed nearly 2 dozen orders with them and no problems. Some people place one order and everything goes wrong that possibly could. There's always DVDShelf which can be cheaper sometimes if you maximize their shipping (order in incriments of 5 DVDs) and they give you a tracking number. I place most of my orders with DDD and if I were you I wouldn't worry. It's labor day weekend and there was no mail on monday (if you're in the USA, I don't know about other countries), so just be patient and see if it comes sometime in the next few days.
Old 09-03-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Usually 7-14 days for me. I hope it's 8 this time (cuz that's today).

The OP is inquiring about HK to OZ, so I am assuming there is a jam with the Australian Postal Service and Customs.
Old 09-03-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well alot of the people reporting problems are from OZ... I might begin to worry if it's not there by the end of the week.
Old 09-03-02, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think the OP is talking about DeepDiscountDVD, NOT DDDHouse. (The DeepDiscount site mentions the 8 - 15 days international shipping time frame.)
Old 09-03-02, 06:19 PM

If you have been waiting 6 weeks then I would recommend you contact them post haste - they will re-ship the items for you (I had a similar problem recently).

regards, Tim...
Old 09-03-02, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh.. What are the odds. Two successful DVD e-tailers with DDD in there name.

I've had serious problems with DeepDiscount before...
Old 09-03-02, 07:20 PM

yeah sorry guys, deepdiscountdvd is the store, i should have been more specific.
I dont know where to go from here, still no goods and it has been six weeks. as i said cc has been debited and they keep telling me to wait.
Have I done my money?
Old 09-03-02, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by dvdaus
yeah sorry guys, deepdiscountdvd is the store, i should have been more specific.
I dont know where to go from here, still no goods and it has been six weeks. as i said cc has been debited and they keep telling me to wait.
Have I done my money?
No you have not done your money. Did you read my comment just a couple of postings above?

You should contact them immediately and you will find that they will replace your order. Contact their customer service on:

[email protected]

Explain to them that the help on their site states you should receive the order in 8 - 15 days and that in your case 42 days have elapsed and there is still no sign of your order.

If you have trouble with that address let me know and I will give you the email address of their customer service rep Paula (it would not be very fair to her if I were to publish it here) - they have had server problems in the past but they should have all been addressed by now.

regards, Tim...
Old 09-03-02, 07:47 PM

Whoops!! It appears it is me with the poor cognitive skills I see now that you have already contacted their Customer Service with no luck so far.

Perhaps it might be better if you were to phone them and talk directly with a Customer Service person (anyone have a number other than the toll free on the site which is pretty useless for us International customers).

regards, Tim...
Old 09-04-02, 05:47 PM

thanks for your advice Tim, really appreciate it mate, ill give them a call now and see how I go.. If I have no luck would you mind emailing me the sales Reps number?
Old 09-04-02, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Surface mail can take 4-6 weeks from the States to Australia, if you chose the free or cheap shipping.
Old 09-04-02, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't even realize it was about Deep Discount. Sorry... yeah - I've heard stories about their ultra-slow shipping to Oz... Their shipping to me ain't all that fast either. It's free, so I can't complain.