Reload this Page >

Aggressive Inline: 9.1 from IGN!?!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-19-02, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after reading IGN's praising review, I decided to rent AI the other day. As a big fan of the Tony Hawk series, I figured I couldn't go wrong with this one.

Well I did. It's not terrible, but it sure as hell isn't a 9.1. Has anyone else played this game? Why do the reviews praise it so much when it truly is a weak title?
Old 08-19-02, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
No idea - I thought it was kinda crappy and had that unfinished look to it. Work in progress is what I'd call it. I'd give it a 6.5/10. My roommate thought it was fun and he thought the levels were bigger and hence more fun than Tony Hawk 3. Plus, he liked that it was really really easy.
Old 08-19-02, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i just got this, havent opened it, i think im gonna xchange it for something else, already got tony hawk so
Old 08-19-02, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IGN is definitely known too give an average game a great score. I was surprised to see IGNcube give this game pretty much the same score as the other IGN sites. I usually find IGNcube to be more realistic.
Old 08-19-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Hmm the game as a whole isnt bad, although giving it a 9.1 is pretty genrous. The game is more like an 8 8.5 tops.
Old 08-20-02, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm playing now, and I think it's what Tony Hawk 3 should have been. Am I the only one who didn't really like part 3?
Old 08-20-02, 01:45 AM
Mod Emeritus

I didn't like TH3. Levels were too boring and the graphics were hardly any better than 2. They are taking the series in the wrong direction. I believe Trigger said it plays more like Sonic the Hedgehog than skateboarding. I agree with that.
Old 08-20-02, 02:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
I didn't like TH3. Levels were too boring and the graphics were hardly any better than 2. They are taking the series in the wrong direction. I believe Trigger said it plays more like Sonic the Hedgehog than skateboarding. I agree with that.
OK, so if the graphics didn't impress you, that's fair. I personally thought the upgraded graphics were nice.

But too call the levels boring is somewhat moronic. Yeah, it's your opinion, but any true Tony Hawk fan and true addict will tell you that part 3 is pure genius and BY FAR the best of the whole series. Everything is flawless, just a perfect game, with amazing and interactive levels.

If you don't like the game, that's fine...but I would definitely have to bring up the fact that Aggressive Inline is a joke and crock of sh*t compared to the genius that is THPS3.
Old 08-20-02, 03:07 AM

I happened to like both THPS3 and Agressive Inline. Didn't like THPS2 though, but 3 for me is the best of the series. Hated Dave Mirra 1 and 2, but like Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2. Go figure.
Old 08-20-02, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Wasn't me... I like THPS3. I liked 2 better, but 3 was good. You could get really big trick combos. Having played THPS4, I can say that it looks kick-ass. Hopefully that will be up to your standards.
Old 08-20-02, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mike_AA

But too call the levels boring is somewhat moronic. Yeah, it's your opinion, but any true Tony Hawk fan and true addict will tell you that part 3 is pure genius and BY FAR the best of the whole series. Everything is flawless, just a perfect game, with amazing and interactive levels.
Except that most of the levels are boring. The new types of goals (unstick some schmuck from a pole, dunk the foreman) were shallow and way too easy, for the most part. Plus the levels weren't nearly as fun for multiplayer as THPS2. And I thought the revert was a cop-out move. Definitinly a disappointment, but hey, that's just one moron's opinion.
Old 08-20-02, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have any interest in the game, but I don't think I've read a bad review of Agressive Inline. It's not just IGN that's giving this one good reviews.
Old 08-20-02, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Wasn't me... I like THPS3. I liked 2 better, but 3 was good. You could get really big trick combos. Having played THPS4, I can say that it looks kick-ass. Hopefully that will be up to your standards.
I love the tony Hawk series and 3 was (in my opinion) a giant leap in gameplay over part 2. Part 4 is shaping up to be very bada#$, only problem was I crashed the Ps2 I was playing it on at E3.
Old 08-21-02, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got Aggressive Inline for XBOX in the mail today. I ran into a serious control problem in the tutorial. Is there any sure way to come out of a cess slide with a manual or does this just happen once out of a hundred times like it did with me?

I also read in reviews that the soundtrack was fully customizable and you could pick all your favorite tracks. Well I went to the playlist to pick my tracks. I was scrolling down and then the thing just stops. It just displays somewhere around 50=100 songs on the list and thats it. My hard drive must have 1000 songs on it. How the hell do I get around this?