Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Duplicate Shipment

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Duplicate Shipment

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-02, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD Duplicate Shipment

I didn't see a thread on this anywhere else even though I'm sure there must be one. DDD sent out e-mails, letters, and shipping labels because they had sent some people a duplicate shipment. If this applied to you I'm curious, did you actually get the duplicate shipment?

I had Amelie and Better Off Dead sent the week they came out (what was that, like two weeks ago?) and was contacted but I never actually received the extra shipment. My card was charged twice and the second charge refunded. Just curious if anyone experienced the same thing. I guess I should probably give them a call. I buy all of my dvd's there and I know this probably sounds dumb but I don't want them thinking I kept them.
Old 08-13-02, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

With some other suppliers I may have been tempted to just keep it as recompense for errors but DDD are good guys so I sent mine back.
Old 08-13-02, 10:01 AM
DrS

I sent my duplicate back too. The coupon/postage sticker made it easy. I've just been told I'm about to get another duplicate, so I hope the send another postage sticker.

I'm not into screwing DDD, but I do appreciate some apologies/gesture for the PITA of a duplicate shipment.

D
Old 08-13-02, 10:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You don't have to send them back, you know. Under the law if a retailer ships you something you didn't order it's yours to keep.
Old 08-13-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I got a duplicate of part of my order and waited until my credit card was credited before I sent it back. They sent me an e-mail with a $5 off code.
Old 08-13-02, 02:10 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I had ordered Collateral Damage, but when the problems started with the web site, I cancelled the order before it shipped. A few weeks later, I received 4 copies of the title in the mail. They were nice about it though and credit my charge before I even mailed the dvd's back to them
Old 08-13-02, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They better be nice after shipping you 4 copies of Collateral Damage! They should have let you keep one, too.
Old 08-13-02, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I talked to the CSR guy Thursday about an extra copy of V The Final Battle that I got from them. It seems that they had problems at the warehouse, and they had a batch of dupe orders go out. He was a nice guy and even thanked me for my integrity in returning it.

DDD has done right by me in the past - there's no way I'm screwing them out of a disc. Provided that the return postage is on their dime, that is. 'Sides, if I keep 'em, that just means the karma wheel will turn again one day, and I'll get screwed.