Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamecube deal

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-02, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamecube deal

Is there any way to get a Gamecube at a lower price on the web?

Or should I just wait till stores are giving away free memory cards or whatnot with them again?

Thanks a bunch,

-J
Old 08-04-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

EB is selling them at 119.99 preowned. I bought mine preowned back in December (I had the EB guys call me when the first PO came in, but I was surprised it was that early) and I got it for $170. I've never had a problem with it, so it might be worth a look for you.

I saw a sign in the same store there the other day that if you buy the GC and prepay for Mario Sunshine, they send you a $25 gift card.
Old 08-04-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by MrKen
EB is selling them at 119.99 preowned.
I noticed last night that the local EB was selling preowned cubes for $139.00 whats up with EB's preowned pricing? I wonder if its up to the local store or is there corporate guidelines. The local stores seem to be high on most of their preowned, they had a copy of Eternal Darkness for the Cube at $46.99 WOW $3.00 off retail.
Old 08-04-02, 01:18 PM
zig

Yeah, and when you sell to them, they give you like 30 dollars for a gamecube, then sell it at 140. I hate stores that do that.

The best deal is buying it used on eBay, or Amazon Marketplace. I bought mine used and haven't had problems.

I think ebgames.com had some preorder deal with Mario Sunshine where you get a rebate if you buy a GC, Mario, and a Wavebird(three things you're likley to get anyway).
Old 08-04-02, 04:03 PM
Shawn

Originally posted by Edison

I noticed last night that the local EB was selling preowned cubes for $139.00 whats up with EB's preowned pricing? I wonder if its up to the local store or is there corporate guidelines. The local stores seem to be high on most of their preowned, they had a copy of Eternal Darkness for the Cube at $46.99 WOW $3.00 off retail.
HA! My EB sells preowned games for only $44.99! Seriously though, their prices are crazy, aren't new games like 55-60?