International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Zombie Flesh Eaters

Old 08-03-02, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zombie Flesh Eaters

Does anyone know what the Region 2 DVDs of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 and Zombie Flesh Eaters 3 are like? The cool looking cases are so tempting to buy.
Old 08-03-02, 01:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, Steve86! Discussion of non-R1 DVDs belongs in the International Forum, which is where I'm moving this thread.
Old 08-05-02, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Steve86:

I have ZFE2 if you're interested. e-mail me at axolotls @ yahoo.com

ZFE is Zombi 2 or Zombie
ZFE2 is Zombi 3
ZFE3 is Zombi 4 (not Lucio)
Old 08-06-02, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As a matter of principle I’d avoid anything on Vipco as the cover art is usually the only good thing about their releases.
Old 08-06-02, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...ahh... VIPCO ...tempting, tempting... especially for lovers of the Ultimate Schlock school of moviemaking ...

. . . BUT . . .

...this is a UK label ... which means any movies they put out must have been passed by the infamous BBFC ... which means that the movies may "feature" cuts ... don't want that, do we?...

...notice, when you click on any of the images in the link, that it sometimes says "Previously Banned" - a bad sign? a good sign? ... also, strangely, some of them say "N/A" - which I take to mean "Not Available" - what's the point of having them on there then?...

...and remember this, kids: "An optimist is merely an ill-informed pessimist"

. . . . . .
Old 08-06-02, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Aw cmon! VIPCO ain't that bad!

Hell, they are release GREMLOIDS this month, which is a sci-fi spoof with midgets!

Zombie Flesh Eater 3 was just released by VIPCO today too.
Old 08-16-02, 02:37 PM

Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 is awful. That's the one that Lucio Fulci quit during the middle of and they brought in Bruno Mattei to finish up the movie. Bruno's Rats: Night of Terror and Hell Of The Living Dead are much more entertaining. It's been several months since I've seen ZFE2, but I seem to recall that the picture wasn't all that great (looked grainy in places), but who knows if that's Vipco's fault or the source material. Shriek Show is supposed to be releasing a Region 1 version sometime in the future, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether it's cut or not. I wouldn't waste your time on it, unless you just have to see every single zombie movie ever made.