Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Brighton Rock R2 coming!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Brighton Rock R2 coming!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-02, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brighton Rock R2 coming!

Sorry, might not interest a lot of you, but I'm so excited about this!

This is my #1 favorite movie ever (sorry, "Andrei Rublev", you've been displaced) and it's coming to R2 DVD!

From Warner Home Video UK:
Brighton Rock comes to DVD on September 16th with an SRP of £12.99 and is presented in its original 1.33:1 Full-Screen Aspect Ratio with Mono sound and the original Theatrical Trailer.

It's available now for pre-order at Blackstar and possibly other retailers.

BRIGHTON ROCK (1947)
Richard Attenborough, Carol Marsh, Hermione Baddeley, William Hartnell, Nigel Stock.
Based (very closely) on the novel by the great Graham Greene and impeccably directed by John Boulting (truly one of the finest directing accomplishments in film). Appears at number 15 on the BFI list of 100 favourite British films of the 20th Century ahead of such favourites as Get Carter, Olivier's Henry V, Chariots of Fire and Withnail and I. An intense, dramatic, engrossing, thoroughly fantastic story about a young Brighton gangleader who quickly gets in over his head. I've shown this film to people who are practically left speechless by it!

*dances away happily*