Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bryan Adams remake...

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Bryan Adams remake...

Old 06-19-02, 09:40 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryan Adams remake...

On the Pop stations they play a remake of Bryan Adams' "Heaven" with a techno/trance twist to it.

[RANT]Man that song really pisses me off! They took a somewhat decent song and made it into a complete pile of cow dung.[/RANT]

Is there anybody that actually likes this or is this something the music industry is pushing on us. If it was at least an origial tune I wouldn't be nearly as irritated as I am. But then again, how the hell does techno get on the pop stations?
Old 06-19-02, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Bryan Adams remake...

Originally posted by Jason Northrup
On the Pop stations they play a remake of Bryan Adams' "Heaven" with a techno/trance twist to it.

[RANT]Man that song really pisses me off! They took a somewhat decent song and made it into a complete pile of cow dung.[/RANT]

Is there anybody that actually likes this or is this something the music industry is pushing on us. If it was at least an origial tune I wouldn't be nearly as irritated as I am. But then again, how the hell does techno get on the pop stations?
Dude, I really like that cover. In fact, I even like the new techno cover of Madonna's "Like A Prayer".

Believe it or not, some of us out here actually like that pile of cow dung. Go figure.

-matt
Old 06-20-02, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since most stations are owned by certain companies, be prepared to hear more "stuff" like this everywhere you go.

I absolutly do not like this version of the song.
Old 06-20-02, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This makes me laugh. What's bizarre is that anyone would want to waste time with this song in the first place. Does the remix sound like they are toying and making fun of the song, or is it done seriously?

How does techno get on pop stations? I'm not sure I get this question.