Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Name the craziest things you've seen fans do at concerts..

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-02, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please name some crazy stuff you've seen that fans do at concerts.

Me, well when I was at the Goo Goo Dolls show last night, before the show started, I was in the Men's Bathroom waiting to use one of the stalls to take a crap, one of the stalls doors opened and a young 20 year old girl came out. Yes, it was a young girl that came out of the bathroom stall. As soon as she came out, all the guys turned their heads around and looked at her, they were all cheering and laughing at her like crazy. Yes, she did look drunk and stoned. She quickly hurried out the door and she was laughing too. It was hilarious.
Old 06-06-02, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at a Weezer show (early '95 I think), minding my own business (aren't we all?), when I felt something hit my back. I turn around and see some guy just finished There was puke all over my back! Luckily I was wearing a t-shirt under the button-up, but still.... came close to
Old 06-06-02, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I was at a Beastie Boys show in '92 or '93 in which the venue had inexplicably made the balcony section the underage section and the pit was the 21 and over section. Throughout the show kids were jumping from the balcony down into the lower level. That seemed a bit crazy. Needless to say, the venue reversed the underage and drinking sections soon after that.
Old 06-06-02, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Ozzy concert in 1996 at an outdoor amphitheater. It was really hot and Ozzy was stalking the stage with a water bazooka with hose attached, soaking the front few rows of the crowd. Girls start lifting their tops and exposing their breasts at him and he sticks his tongue out. Some guy a few rows in front of me stands up on his chair and drops his pants, exposing himself. Ozzy nearly lost it, laughing hysterically.
Old 06-06-02, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was right at the front against the metal barrier and the gig was going to start real soon (Therapy? I think). Well I had to wizz real bad, but didn't want to be way at the back again. So I discretely pulled him out and went on the barrier while talking away to my buddy. Then I started a sway (the crowd was so tight that if you moved almost everyone else did). SO I just swayed myself about 10 feet to the left so I wasn't leaning against my own urine. And I told no one about it until the night was over. HAHA. Ah the good old days.
Old 06-06-02, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

King Diamond, late 80's. Two guys get into an arguement and one dude punches another dude in the chest... Dude two, the punched, drops dead. Literally. This was about 20 feet from where I was sitting...
Old 06-06-02, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's scene described on the Faith No More Video Croissant. The crowd starts going wild and throwing plastic drink bottles on the stage. They describe it as if it was raining bottles. The lead singer Mike Patton end up finding a bottle that someone had peed in and thrown on stage. Patton picks it up, opens it and pours the bottle over his head. The crowd just go totally silent in shock.
Old 06-06-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by fmian
...Patton picks it up, opens it and pours the bottle over his head...
His own head, or the head of the thrower?
Old 06-06-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Ozzy, about ten years ago. We were in "the pit." Up at the front of the "seated" section, a blond girl was standing on the balcony dancing. Stark naked. Wasn't a natural blond, either, IYKWIM.

A year or so before that, at a different show -- Poison, maybe -- we'd just parked the car and gotten out of it. Two cute girls in a car had gotten out just before us, and were walking about twenty feet ahead of us. One of them stopped and puked voluminously onto the parking lot. As we walked by the puke, I pushed one of my friends into the puke, and he went skidding through it.

Cannibal Corpse, at a tiny little club. There was this one guy, drunk out of his mind with a bottle of Everclear. He was trying to spit a fireball with a lighter, but just kept spitting everclear all over the back of my head. If the dip**** had actually managed to make a fireball, I'd probably have ended up in a burn unit.

At another little show, I nearly got into a fistfight with a guy who was trying to bum a cigarette off of me. I don't smoke. I've never smoked. But he didn't want to take no for an answer. I've been to many many "little" shows in clubs and that was the only time I've ever almost tangled with somebody. Now, at the big concerts, like Motley Crue, I'd more ofthen than not end up pounding on some a****** fratboy.
Old 06-06-02, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There was a guy crowd surfing nekid Sunday Night at the Hives show. I didn't see it but I heard people talking about it on the radio. The show was on MTV2 so someone might have seen it.
Old 06-06-02, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

lol, i forgot about this. i was at a gwar concert in the packed pit, the crowd surged from the left and a few people, including me started to fall. i didn't want to get trampled so i reached out for anything to hold onto and keep myself off the floor, i found something and pulled myself up as hard as i could. when i stood i looked at my hand to realize i pulled myself up by grabbing some girl's breast. poor girl. lol.
Old 06-06-02, 07:35 PM
Suspended

I dont know if its the craziest, but at the last Tool concert I went to this dude was tripping out HARD infront of me. He started screaming at one point like someone was trying to kill him. Then he started yelling "I am Maynard, yes I am Maynard". It was quite the show watching this dude.

Acid at a Tool show = Not a very good idea.
Old 06-06-02, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Heat
His own head, or the head of the thrower?
It was his own head. According to The Faith No More greatest hits linear notes, Patton ate his own poop too.
Old 06-06-02, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I was working the Chilli Peppers at the Sports Arena back in the '90's and I saw a guy WALK across the heads of a bunch of people on the floor and he made it to the stage.....this was probably 25 or 30 feet.

Iron Maiden show at Long Beach...I saw some stupid kids jumping from the upper loges to the lower stands....welll, one of them missed the stands and landed onthe hard floor behind the section...he left on a gurney.

Pantera show at Long Beach....everyone is in this huge pit and suddenly the f#ckin' skinhead bastards with their Nazi and white power tats role out and hit...as hard as possible all the Non-whites(mostly smaller latino fans). So eveything went from fun from not fun in a NEW YORK MINUTE.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 06-24-02 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-06-02, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this was seen on reverb with weezer. some guy gets up on stage after doing some crowd surfing. he stands there and what looks like band securety comes up to him and tries to get him off. he takes one look at them and then jumps right back into the crowd.

according to the radio djs, lots of the girls who attended the hfstival, flashed the cameras and they would always show up on the big screen.
Old 06-06-02, 11:05 PM

After seeing a multitude of flashers, fondlers, pukers, surfers, divers, and moshers over the years, these three "incidents" have stuck out the most in my mind -

KISS/Ted Nugent (1988?) - During Ted's performance, I saw this guy take a leak on a leather jacket laying on the seat in front of him (I guess he REALLY didn't want to miss "Wang Dang...") The owner of the jacket didn't realize what had happened until he picked it up between bands and took a sniff. He was confronting the "leaker" as we were heading out for a drink...

Pantera (1990?) - We saw this dude completely overestimate the depth of the crowd, and dove off the stage, OVER the crowd, and onto the floor, face first. Someone carried him off, face completely bloodied, cleaned him up, and put him in a chair to see the rest of the show. After he fell out of the chair (twice!), we saw him get up and head back to the pit...

Stryper/Rhett Forester (1986?) - Besides this being the most unusual pairing of bands I've ever seen (Stryper being a Christian rock band, and Rhett Forester known mostly for a song called "Assume The Position"), I had to chuckle when I saw this chick throw her bra up on stage during Stryper's set. She must've missed something when Stryper was tossing Bibles into the crowd...
Old 06-07-02, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bears35

It was his own head. According to The Faith No More greatest hits linear notes, Patton ate his own poop too.
That's nothing. You should have seen GG Allin's shows. Once, I saw him give himself a ketchup enema and unload it right back onto a plate of fries, then eat some and offer it to the folks in the crowd. Lots of feces/broken glass distribution at his shows. I always stayed upstairs at the club in college where he played, but the fans always came out bleeding and malodorous.
Old 06-07-02, 12:46 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I once saw a guy wearing the shirt of the band he came to see.
Old 06-07-02, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
I once saw a guy wearing the shirt of the band he came to see.
Don't be that guy.
Old 06-24-02, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
METALLICA "SUMMER SANATARIUM" w/ KORN,POWERMAN 5000 @ los Angeles Colisseum...two girls were drunk...a whole bunch of guys around, so they decided to put on a show for us by doing freaky things to each other...many HARD-ON's...****in' sweet
Old 06-24-02, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by gerrythedon
METALLICA "SUMMER SANATARIUM" w/ KORN,POWERMAN 5000 @ los Angeles Colisseum...two girls were drunk...a whole bunch of guys around, so they decided to put on a show for us by doing freaky things to each other...many HARD-ON's...****in' sweet
Yeah!!! I was at that show!!! Chicks were flashing all over the place. I think I saw the 2 girls kissing.
Old 06-25-02, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
HEY Giantrobo u were probably in the same row as me...not only did the two chicks kiss each other they also showed their ASS to everybody, then all of sudden one of them started to lick the others nipples...all of a sudden they were AK BULLETS...sweet
Old 06-25-02, 06:10 AM
Banned

I was just at the Nickelback and Jerry Cantrell show over the weekend and I saw two hot gorgeous looking women sitting in front of me and they were passing around acid to everyone. She offered me one but I refused to take it.
Old 06-25-02, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by gerrythedon
HEY Giantrobo u were probably in the same row as me...not only did the two chicks kiss each other they also showed their ASS to everybody, then all of sudden one of them started to lick the others nipples...all of a sudden they were AK BULLETS...sweet

They were far from me...I was on the floor about 30 feet from the stage. Not bragging...well...yes I am

BTW, what are "ak bullets"? It sounds fun to see....