Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Dirty Harry

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-02, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirty Harry

Story Dirty Harry is a movie that still holds true to many action fans of todays audiences. though dated a bit by the styles of the super funky seventies (at least in the first 3 movies anyway), the story and action still hold very very well. it is the story of "dirty" harry callahan and his struggle to bring a psyhotic killer that is holding the city for ransom. he plays a sort of cat and mouse game with him throughout the film. even having to fight with his superiors to find justice, dirty harry always delivers.

Extras: dirty harry's dvd representation is great!!! it has new sound, and picture quality. it is shown in aspect ratio 2:35:1 widescreen. it also contains trailers from the title movie, magnum force, the enforcer, sudden impact. also there are cool interviews with other celebrities giving their comments on clint and the dirty harry persona. the is an original featurette and a new documentary on the dirty harry chartacter. all and all a very good dvd package in my opinion. it is rated R and may not be ok for all audiences because of the violence in the film. cool flick.
Old 06-05-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i've been thinking about box set...
but i'm not sure about the picture & sound quality... mainly picture

how is it? is it better than the godfather (great movie, but no so great dvd quality)

thanx
Old 06-05-02, 10:14 PM
Banned

DIRTY HARRY boxset blows away GODFATHER boxset.
There isn't one bad transfer in the DIRTY HARRY boxset, all clean transfers & sound is great.
Old 06-06-02, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have no fear, BlackBeauty92, rush out and buy the DIRTY HARRY COLLECTION. As wm lopez mentioned, all the transfers are well executed and the sound is wonderfully re-mixed. I am very pleased with the set...a must for any fan.
Old 06-06-02, 09:57 PM
Banned

Buy it, it'll make your day!
Old 06-07-02, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanx for the infos...

dang, another box set to buy
Old 06-13-02, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another high recommendation here!
Old 06-13-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

$9.96 at Wal-Mart.......
Old 06-15-02, 02:39 PM

Maybe I'm in the dark... but what's wrong with the Godfather DVD transfer? Was there something wrong with the quality of the video on the Godfather Box Set?
Old 06-15-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Godfather DVDs might be "the best quality ever" for home-video so far... but for the price they charging, the video/audio quality is not so impresive
we're talking big money making tittles here... who doesn't know about the Godfather?
yet, the studio can't even remastered the video & audio quality to even reach the "Great" level...

i dunno it probably just me... but looking at other tittles out there (ex: Cleopatra: 5 star edition), Godfather deserves better treatment than this...
Old 06-15-02, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also, how bad is the original dirty harry transfer or is it the exact same as the new se.
Old 06-16-02, 07:50 AM
Banned

I just watched Dirty Harry for the first time in my life (I know I know) and it was truly excellent, I didn't expect much, but it was great, and what an awesome transfer, especially for such an old movie, it didn't even feel like 31 years, very clean and sound is sharp and clear, I'm yet to see all the documentaries though.