Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dark Angel - Season 2 Is Coming

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-03-02, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed on CD Japan that Season 2 of Dark Angel is getting released this summer. As was done for Season 1, the first disc will be available separately, along with two box sets.

Volume 1 (episodes 1 & 2) will be available 7/5/2002.
Box 1 (episodes 3-12) will be available 8/2/2002.
Box 2 (episodes 13-21) will be available 9/20/2002.

Here's the cover for Volume 1:
Old 06-04-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm totally new to all this, so I have a question...

If you buy this Dark Angel Season 2 from Japan, will the audio/dialogue be in english? Will the show be dubbed in japanese and you'll be forced to read subtites? Will the audio be in english but they'll be japanese subtitles due to the dvd being for Japan in the first place.

I'm curious for answers as I don't want to buy a DVD from the UK, Japan, Hong Kong etc and not be able to understand the show because it's either not in english or only english subtitles. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-02, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English audio, no forced Japanese subs... this is the way most American movies and shows are presented on Japanese DVDs.
Old 06-04-02, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks codefree...

But why would someone in Japan want to watch Dark Angel in english? Is there an option to turn on and off subtitles in Japan or elsewhere?
Old 06-04-02, 07:01 PM

Yes, like we sometimes like to watch Hong Kong films with subtitles, and listen to chinese audio, because that was the way its film, and dubbed voices sound silly, I'm sure there are Japanese DVD fans who want to hear the actors real voices in English and have subtitles to read.
Old 06-04-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These discs also contain Japanese subtitles and a Japanese dub, so viewers are able to choose how they want to watch it.

If only Disney would do this with the Hong Kong films they have rights to.
Old 06-04-02, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What do you mean, Richard? Are there Disney classics out there in other regions that have no english as they've been dubbed?
Old 06-05-02, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm referring to the Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies in Disney's possession. Every title released so far has been dubbed into English.
Old 06-05-02, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by RichardW
I'm referring to the Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies in Disney's possession. Every title released so far has been dubbed into English.
Those mou$e bastards retitled them with cool titles like The Enforcer and The Defender. God I hate Di$ney's treatment of HK films ...but that's another thread.
Old 06-05-02, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PacMan2006
Thanks codefree...

But why would someone in Japan want to watch Dark Angel in english? Is there an option to turn on and off subtitles in Japan or elsewhere?
There are people that speak english in Japan as their first language as well as Japanese natives that have spent significant time abroad so listening to it in english or japanese is a great option.

My wife and I often watch english-originated films with the english dialogue and then turn the japanese subtitles on for her to be able to understand everything.

-g
Old 06-13-02, 10:06 PM

DARK ANGEL-First Season-2nd Box

Anyone know where I can buy the First Sesson-Second Set Box Set? I ordered it. But my 2 usual sources say they don't have any left.

:-(

Thank you in advance for any help.

KHWAN
Old 06-14-02, 06:37 AM

Khwan- Try cdjapan. That's where I got mine but they are a little on the expensive side. Where do you go to get Japanese releases? I would appreciate a few other sources. Good luck. I love my box sets of Season 1. Can't wait for Season 2.