Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Best (ie cheapest) place for They Live & Prince of Darkness Sp Eds?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-02, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are anamorphic with commentary tracks but due to Germany’s draconian restrictions on selling 18 rated product over the net, they are not available at Amazon.de. Found them here http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/ but they’re a little pricey. Anyone found better prices that ships to the UK?
Old 06-03-02, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Or better yet, to the US? I NEED THEY LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-02, 12:20 PM

a little offtopic

That site is great! I've been looking for R2 sites with good technical info. It appears the German versions of Bride Of Re-Animator, Field Of Dreams, and Misery are all anamorphic. I'm also interested in They Live. I hope someone knows of a better bargain cause I'm anxious to order these.
Old 06-03-02, 01:06 PM

It's pretty much a gonner worldwide (They Live!) on DVD, but if you are desperate for the movie & don't want to pay "collector scum" prices, it's on VCD. Downside: It'll have burned in chinese subs.
Old 06-03-02, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by funkydjmcescher
It's pretty much a gonner worldwide (They Live!) on DVD, but if you are desperate for the movie & don't want to pay "collector scum" prices, it's on VCD. Downside: It'll have burned in chinese subs.
Why would anyone here want a VCD with burnt in subtitles when they could buy a DVD with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and no forced subs instead? Cheaper or not, I doubt anyone here would choose that route if they are codefree already.
Old 06-04-02, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by funkydjmcescher
I was under the impression, as others are here, that an R2 Special Edition with commentary and such has come out. Yeah, the original is OOP worldwide, but the new one is out, and it is available, just not at a reasonable price just yet. VCD my ass!
Old 06-04-02, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by lordzeppelin

I was under the impression, as others are here, that an R2 Special Edition with commentary and such has come out. Yeah, the original is OOP worldwide, but the new one is out, and it is available, just not at a reasonable price just yet. VCD my ass!
I'm in R2, I keep looking out for the They Live, Prince of Darkness, reading lists on UK DVD mags, have not seen it being menstioned, have not seen it in stores, I've only heared about it on the net from fourmers on dvd websites, thats it. But I have heard its meant to be out sometime this year, just not now, I certainly have not seen it, and I am in the UK, and are in the shops alot.

I guess it is strange, for example The Goonies was meant to be out here in Feb/March, but now is coming in August, so UK titles have known to get delayed mysteriously, especially Arnie's The Running Man, menstioned a while ago, but yet to come out.

Last edited by SeanValen; 06-04-02 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-05-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From what I read on a John Carpenter site it is indeed out and has been reviewed....R2 SE with commentary by Carpenter and Piper with ESNY to come out as an SE not long after.

http://www.geocities.com/j_nada/carp/news.html
Old 06-21-02, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Anyone else?? This can't be the only place that sells them can it??

http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/