Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamecube 3rd-Party Support?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-02, 02:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamecube 3rd-Party Support?

How is the Gamecube's 3rd party support lining up? I am interested in the SEGA titles, EA/EA Sports and Namco games and would like to be reassured (with my recent GC purchase) that the GC will indeed see some quality 3rd party support.

Besides Rockstar's GTA series, what else will the GC be missing that the XBOX and PS2 have?
Old 05-26-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know SEGA and EA are down with the Cube. SEGA has even delivered 2 exclusive sports titles and, so far at least, the Cube is the only place you can find the Sonic series. Is Namco the third member of the Triforce alliance with Nintendo and SEGA? I can't remeber off the top of my head. I believe they are though that means plenty of games from them for the Cube including some exclusives.
Old 05-26-02, 06:46 PM

I thought I read somewhere (Official US PS Magazine of all places) that square will now have a subsidiary company developing FF games for Cube or GBA, I am not sure which. I believe the article stated that the games would be different than the ones available on PS2.
Old 05-26-02, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Lewsiv
I thought I read somewhere (Official US PS Magazine of all places) that square will now have a subsidiary company developing FF games for Cube or GBA, I am not sure which. I believe the article stated that the games would be different than the ones available on PS2.
GBA, I don't think it has become official yet (I have no idea why not).
Old 05-26-02, 09:33 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, Namco is the third part of the Triforce partnership. In fact, they are making a Starfox shooter for the GCN and Arcade. A Ridge Racer game is coming, as well as Soul Calibur 2. I expect solid support from them because of the Triforce partnership.

As for EA, they are totally supporting the GCN. As far as I know all their big games will be out on all systems this season.

Sega is giving the GCN full sports support and some exclusives (Super Monkey Ball, Home Run King, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle etc.).

Plus the GCN is getting support from Capcom, namely Resident Evil as an exclusive.

There will also be a port of Medal of Honor Frontline later this year.

Basically, the third party support is looking pretty darn good. Not up there with the PS2, but at least as good as the X-box IMO.
Old 05-26-02, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're interested in third party support, PS2 is the only way to go. Most sports games will probably be multiplatform, but Sony's picking off a lot of the best exclusives from what's left.

Soul Calibur 2 is being developed on Gamecube-based hardware, so I'm sure GC will get that. Capcom is supporting GC with Resident Evil.

GTA, by the way, is completely PS2 exclusive. Sony is managing to keep it off the XBox, even though it seems like Rockstar might as well have done the port after they made the PC version.
Old 05-27-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GC is trying to keep peeps happy!
Old 05-27-02, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by joshhinkle

Plus the GCN is getting support from Capcom, namely Resident Evil as an exclusive.
Well, Resident Evil: Online will be on the PS2.
Old 05-27-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gamecube will have an exclusive game from both Sega and Namco that will never be seen on any other console:

Sega - F-Zero GC
Namco - StarFox GC

Old 05-27-02, 06:49 PM

Soul Calibur 2 is being developed on Gamecube-based hardware, so I'm sure GC will get that.
Actually, Namco has repeatedly stated that Soul Calibur 2 is being developed on the System 246 arcade board that is based on the PS2.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/355/355888p1.html