Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Another mature game for the Gamecube: Medal of Honor Frontline by the end of the year

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Another mature game for the Gamecube: Medal of Honor Frontline by the end of the year

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-02, 10:36 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a huge deal since it's not exclusive (especially since the PS2 version will be out in June) but just the fact that they're porting it shows that developers are realizing that the GCN isn't just a kids system.

http://www.shiggy.net/news.cfm?action=item&id=2999
Old 05-12-02, 07:04 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, MOH: Frontline is a Teen (13+) Game. Just like Allied Assualt, there is no blood to keep the rating down to grab the kids.

Mature is a rating for people 17 and older, like Resident Evil.
Old 05-12-02, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...rant...

I have a question. Why are mature games a big deal? I’d much rather play a game that challenges my mind then one that lets me blow someone’s head off and actually see blood and guts. To me, lots of these mature games are like jean claude van damm flicks (seen one, seen them all).

I’m glad that the people at Nintendo want to appeal to a wider range of people and the potential increase in the market share that comes with it, but I’ve just seen too many games where the game play suffers because of someone's incessant need to chop up bodies into a fine pulp. give me good game play and a challenging game any day.

.... end of rant....
Old 05-12-02, 10:45 AM
Retired

My bad on the rating. I haven't played any since the first one on the PS1, because I thought it was cheap. Guess I remembered the rating wrong.

Huh?

I agree with you. I've maintained for sometime that mature games are for the immature. That's not saying that everyone that likes mature games is immature, but I will say that people that have to have blood, guts, tits, etc. in their games to have fun have some issues. I

f the games fun to play, I don't care if it's violent, realistic, or cartoony. It's the gameplay that matters, end of story.
Old 05-12-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Medal of Honor is great, even without exploding craniums. Obviously it's violent, but there's no gratuitous (sp?) violence just for the sake of seeing blood spray everywhere.

I finished the PC version, but I'm interested in the PS2 version. Using the controller will probably hold me back.

Mature or teen, this is a game that obviously won't be ported to the Gamecube with 9 year-olds in mind.
Old 05-12-02, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Awesome!! One more non-kiddie game in my collection! Looking forward on this game. I've heard a great deal about this game. I can't wait to play it on my GC.