Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread Part II

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-29-02, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Continued from One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread.

* Please go through the old thread if you haven't already, so that we don't have too many duplicate questions.

* Anyone who is looking for specific information about his/her account is advised to provide your first name, last name and address.

Regardless of how Total Movie -- the magazine -- is handling its CS issues elsewhere, TotalMovie -- the user -- should be commended for the dedication he continues to show in this forum.

-stevevt

Last edited by stevevt; 04-30-02 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-29-02, 06:30 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new thread

totalmovie......

just wanted to let you know....still no 40 movies and no magazine

keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

I just hope my mailman dosen't like to read about and watch DVDs....just a joke!!!
Old 04-30-02, 01:08 AM

Total Movie,

In One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread Part I,

I wrote,

"I subscribed in December, and still haven't received the 40 movies yet. Can you please tell me when will I be able to see my 40 movies (and next Total Movie issue)?

Thanks in advance!

(Info no longer relevant and is removed for privacy...)

And you replied,

"dvdgerbil - I will take a look on Monday and let you know your status"

Today (Monday) is nearly over and I never got an answer. An honest overlook mistake I'm sure. So, could you pls check?

Thanks!

Last edited by dvdgerbil; 05-02-02 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-30-02, 12:58 PM

DVDgerbil - sorry, thought I posted a reply. I can't find you in the database under that number. Please give me your last name.

Mazz - even though the movies go out from the office, they still go media mail...so they'll get there, but it may take a little while.

****Everyone**** - please give me your first and last names every time you ask questions so I can look you up....
Old 05-01-02, 04:46 AM

TotalMovie,

Okay, here's my name for you to use in database searches.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dvdgerbil; 05-02-02 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-01-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did receive the two back issues, i did receive the 40 movies, however i have not received the last issue of your magazine. I was patient because i knew that you said here there would be a supplemental mailing on April 19th. Surely i would have received the magazine by now.

Last edited by vaporware; 05-01-02 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-01-02, 02:30 PM

Please check:
Corey Stewart
Pittsburgh, PA 15218

I ordered the 40 movies when it was first offered. I have received magazines, but no pack of 40 movies yet. Thanks for your time.
Old 05-01-02, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
My last name starts with an S (yes, even my real last name!) and I haven't gotten the 40 movies yet either, but I assume they're on the way right now.
Old 05-01-02, 07:41 PM

everyone - full names with all questions. please don't make me look back at previous posts to figure out your name.

DVDGerbil - We'll send you the 40 movies directly from the office over the next few days....which is the latest issue you have gotten if any? Because I thought when I looked in the database it said you were to be in the supplemental shipment which went out around the 22nd.

cdstewart - your 40 movies were shipped with the latest batch...so hopefully they will get to you in the next week or so.

vaporware - they went out last Monday...post back in 2 weeks if it is not in your mail box.

Alan Smithee - give me your real name and I will make sure you are on the list of 40 movie packs that was recently sent out.
Old 05-02-02, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by TotalMovie

DVDGerbil - We'll send you the 40 movies directly from the office over the next few days....which is the latest issue you have gotten if any? Because I thought when I looked in the database it said you were to be in the supplemental shipment which went out around the 22nd.
Thanks! And my latest issue is Issue #7 (March/April) w/ Kelly Hu cover.

Again, for your convenience,

Last edited by dvdgerbil; 05-03-02 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-02-02, 01:35 AM

TotalMovie: I got my first issue (Hu cover), so now I'm just waiting on the 40 DVDs. Are mine in the latest mailing?

Name: West Moran
City: Encino, CA 91316
(Sorry, account number unknown)

Thanks!
Old 05-02-02, 06:36 PM

The good:

I got my March/April issue, with a real subscriber label and everything. I also got the back issue Total Movie offered to send me -- thanks!

The bad:

My DVDs will not ship till May 17th according to the customer service people. This makes me pretty unhappy; I subscribed way back in November and my last name is Durrell, so I expected that my DVDs would go out in a relatively early batch.

This is not a request to expedite the DVDs; that wouldn't be fair to others, so please don't feel you need to take additional action. It's just feedback on how you guys are doing. And I do appreciate the work you've put in on this forum.
Old 05-03-02, 12:03 AM

Total Movie, my name is Steve Russell and I live in michigan. A while back you said I was soon to get the latest issue. The last issue I received was the december issue, got that in Feb. I still have not seen anything in the mail, regular issues or 40 movies. Any word on if they have been shipped to me or not. I don't want to be a pain in the ass but it has been 6 months and I have only received 1 issue(that was mailed specially from your office, none with a regular subscription label on them).
Old 05-03-02, 04:05 AM

name and address

name is Michael Strickler
Anaheim California, 92804
Thank You Very much
Old 05-03-02, 10:19 AM

Ipalindrome, Thanlis - I put you both on a list to have the 40 movie packs sent out to you toward the beginning of next week. There should be some in the office on Monday or Tuesday at which point I have a list of 15 or so of you in this forum that will have them sent out directly from us....those decisions were made based upon subscription dates....so if you actually subscribed in Feb. or Mar. you are probably not on the list.

olds, vaxcil, I will check your status Monday as I am not in the office today.
Old 05-03-02, 01:24 PM

Thanks, T-man -- honestly wasn't necessary, but I do appreciate it.

I know you guys are working hard to get the situation under control, and I've been on the other side of the fence on this kind of thing. You're doing a stellar job personally, and I wish you the best of luck in getting your procedures working smoothly.
Old 05-03-02, 02:12 PM

Today I called the hotline to check the order of my subscription and status of my 40 movies. I had subscribed around Thanksgiving and had contacted the office in February regarding this matter once.

Today, I spoke with Aaron and he was very polite and helpful. He informed me that I will be receiving TMM #7 ASAP and my subscription will continue for 1 year. Aaron also provided me a tracking number for the USPS to track my 40 movie package.

This is the message I got from their website:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on March 28, 2002 at 10:18 pm to expect your package for mailing. No further information is available for this item.

Aaron is investigating this for me as it appears that my package was never shipped. I am patient and expect only the best from your magazine. I appreceiate your efforts to correct any shortcomings with this subscription.

Tim Braun
Macon, GA 31206
Old 05-03-02, 04:52 PM

Adrian Stubbs

San Jose
CA 95124

Have my 40 Dvds been sent? I'm up to the Kelly Hu mag so I think that is current.
Old 05-03-02, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's certainly nice that TotalMovie is able to help out some of the readers of DVDTalk, but man I feel sorry for anybody else who ordered this "deal" and doesn't frequent this forum.

Last edited by new2theplace; 05-03-02 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-03-02, 08:42 PM

Still not much luck for me.

Magazine:
Finally got it yesterday. It was the replacement issue (thanks TotalMovie) that was in an envelope, not the one that was allegedly sent out in March. I hope this doesn't become a trend. I'm waiting for the day that all I have to contribute to this thread is praise.

40 DVD Pack:
I called customer service tonight hoping to at least get a tracking number for the 40 DVD pack. Not only couldn't I get one, I also found out that pack wasn't even sent out until 4/26 even though TotalMovie posted early in the AM of the 25th that they were already on the way. More conflicting info....shouldn't surprise me at this point. Well, I trust TotalMovie a hell of a lot more than I do the people on the phone who've been less then honest or helpful in the past, so could you please clarify, maybe even get a tracking number for me?

Jay McCready
Phila, PA
[email protected]
...still an unsatisified, non-renewing subscriber.
Old 05-03-02, 09:05 PM

I still have not seen any movies and I subbed way back in the fall of last year (this is after subbing to the previous incarnation of both of these companies).

Adam Gott
Idaho Falls, ID

Have my movies been shipped?
Old 05-04-02, 03:15 AM

This is so frustrating. I ordered in November and got 1 issue (dec/jan), which I had to e-mail repeatedly for. Then I seen the response some people here have gotten with TotalMovie and thought maybe there was hope. Apparently 2 copies of the March/Apr were sent and neither has arrived. Also the 40 movies have been sent (also not arrived). I'd assume the address and all are correct seeing how I got the one issue (in a white envelope though so who knows). I signed up for the offer knowing of past problems but figured things might be better. Apparently they are not better. It really is started to piss me off and saden me some. When I was home for Thanksgiving my mom asked me what was something I wanted for X-mas and I said this dvd magazine would be great. I feel like an a$$ now. Well I've spilled myself long enough and have to go outside and replenish the oats I'm leaving for the ponies cause I'm waiting for the pony express to bring my magazine and 40 dvds.

Chris Poole
Newport News, VA 23602
Old 05-04-02, 05:42 AM
Cool New Member

UPDATE

YIPPY-EYE-OH-KAI-AYE.... I got issue #7 on friday 5/3/02...and it was in a plastic cover with a mailing label on it...

only 9 months for processing!!!!

But still no 40 movie pack or any back issues!!!!!

one curious note is that there is a date on the label of 08/02/02 I just hope that customer service knows that I have gotten only 1 issue so far and that my sub was for 1 year!

I guess I did subcribe in aug of 2001!!!

Am I one of the "FIRST" people not to get a subscription or the 40 movies????

btw my member # is 919587

Joe Mazziliano
Old 05-04-02, 09:14 AM
Cool New Member

This is more of a question to my fellow subscribers, but did anybody will a last name beginning with M-Z get their 40-movie packs yet?

Last I read, they were supposed to go out on April 19th, so yesterday was the two-week point. I know media mail delivery time can vary, but has anybody got them yet?

I just hope mine aren't lost.

Thanks!!!

-Kelly
Old 05-04-02, 10:25 AM
Cool New Member

Read my post above....I'm really getting tired of this!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.