Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

netflix

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-02, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
netflix

Ok everyone its time to cancel my netflix membership again and start from the begging. Right now there are 4 out of 25 in stock. Most of them on long wait. Here is what I do, I get 3 months gift certificate that way I save a couple dollars, so every 3 months I open a new account. Once you upon a new account all my movies that I had on my old lists are going to show as available. I think every 3 months its time to cancel and open new membership if you want your new releases available, anyone else does the same as I do?????
Old 04-11-02, 04:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it'll be awhile before I reach that point, currently I have about 200 in my queue
Old 04-11-02, 06:36 PM

I haven't had any problems with Netflix since they laid off a bunch of people a few months ago. Their customer service has definitely improved. However, I do have some questions about them, as I wrote in another thread.
Old 04-15-02, 12:37 PM

I'm like nemein, I have almost 200 titles in my queue so it's not a problem. I'm also grandfathered in on the 4-out-a-time- for-$20 so I don't want to lose that.

Here's a question however (about which I have sent Netflix several e-mails to complain). What is with their refusal to upgrade certain titles? They rent the original DVD releases of titles like A Few Good Men, Stand By Me, Caddyshack, The Fugitive, Dogma, Total Recall, Basic Instinct, Bull Durham, Usual Suspects, From Dusk til' Dawn, Mad Max, etc., which are either lacking in features or have less features compared to later, upgraded special editions, but after the new version is released they refuse to rent it.

There are a few examples like the Tombstone and Tron SEs which they now offer in place of the original releases, but this seems to be the exception.

Why not write off the obsolete inventory and offer customers what they want? Better yet, offer both versions. A customer ma ychoose to wait longer to get the new SE. Am I in the minority here?
Old 04-15-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally posted by stevek
Why not write off the obsolete inventory and offer customers what they want? Better yet, offer both versions. A customer ma ychoose to wait longer to get the new SE. Am I in the minority here?
No I agree. I've been wanting to see things like the Platoon SE and Criterion Notorious but all they appear to have is the old versions. They need to keep up with the upgrades (in defense, there are a lot of them!).
Old 04-15-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Sierra Disc

No I agree. I've been wanting to see things like the Platoon SE and Criterion Notorious but all they appear to have is the old versions. They need to keep up with the upgrades (in defense, there are a lot of them!).
I can see where your coming from but:

I rent from NetFlix just so I can see the movie. I don't really care about transfer or extras, I just want to see the movie. So if I get a non-special edition from renting I don't mind much. I'll watch the rental and if I like it I'll buy the Special Edition or Criterion
Old 04-15-02, 11:19 PM

I think that it would be nice to have the upgraded editions.
I usually prefer watching the more offbeat, independent movies that dont have SEs, so I'll just buy the SE's if I want them that bad.
Old 05-13-02, 12:59 AM

I attempted to rent Leon:The Professional(the title used when I put it on my queue), but when I finally got it, it was the standard version. Although I'm grandfathered with the 4 for 20 deal and they just added a distribution center much closer to me. My turnaround time is around 3 days now. So I'll probably keep it for awhile.
Old 05-13-02, 01:11 AM

It's been more than a week, and they still haven't confirmed my first return. Same old, same old.

Fool me once, shame on Netflix. Fool me twice...