Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Hitmenow.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-02, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hitmenow.com

I did a search and didn't bring up anything, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has used Hitmenow.com.

They seem to have some pretty good prices on a few titles I'm interested in.

Thanks in advance.

Keith
Old 04-08-02, 04:24 PM

Well, I decided to take a chance and placed an order last Thursday for a used copy of Monty Python's Flying Circus (Vol. 1). It arrived today and looks almost like new!

Overall, a very satisfying transaction!
Old 04-11-02, 09:52 PM

Hello all, was just browsing the site (excited to see dvdtalk as a new affiliate) and saw our name!

I'll try and check the forum as often as I can. Any questions about the site, please feel free to email me: [email protected]
Old 04-18-02, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hitmenow.com???

Anyone heard of/dealt with hitmenow.com? I was checking prices on DVDPRICESEARCH tonight and this store is selling what appears to be the Criterion version of "How to get ahead in advertising" for $11.59, but I've never heard of this store and am VERY VERY leery about dealing with unknown stores.
Old 04-19-02, 07:53 AM

bardevious - I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago and decided to take the plunge with them and had a very good transaction.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=197015
Old 04-19-02, 09:29 AM

No wonder that title is selling. I'll verify that it is in fact the Criterion edition...
Old 04-19-02, 09:36 AM

Ok, I've gotten confirmation from the warehouse that it is the Criterion edition. This means that the price will change, probably to about $19.99. However, I'll leave it the way it is until about 4pm today, so if you want it, order it now...

Bardevious, we're a long time seller on Half and Amazon, check our feedback from the links on our homepage. However, please ignore the Yahoo feedback, as I explained in this thread. Hope that helps allay some fears.
Old 04-19-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds good to me....
Old 04-19-02, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I just ordered 3 Playboy DVDs from them. Good deal - they had a bunch of them for $9.99 each. I chose ground shipping so if I get it by next Saturday, I'll be satisfied. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-19-02, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
I just ordered 3 Playboy DVDs from them. Good deal - they had a bunch of them for $9.99 each. I chose ground shipping so if I get it by next Saturday, I'll be satisfied. I'll let you know how it goes.
We just lowered those prices last night. Super promo. ALL the playboy dvd's (except multiples) are $9.99...
Old 04-19-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a chance and ordered it. Said 9 in-stock. After placing order it still said 9 in-stock but it had changed to low stock (yellow). Tried to get the invoice screen to come up so I could print the order but after waiting a few minutes I gave up. No order confirmation email yet. I wonder if this will turn out cancelled like the other deals I have found on the bargains board lately?
Old 04-19-02, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by hitmenow.com
Ok, I've gotten confirmation from the warehouse that it is the Criterion edition. This means that the price will change, probably to about $19.99. However, I'll leave it the way it is until about 4pm today, so if you want it, order it now...

Bardevious, we're a long time seller on Half and Amazon, check our feedback from the links on our homepage. However, please ignore the Yahoo feedback, as I explained in this thread. Hope that helps allay some fears.
Great service! I picked up one. I also grabbed a copy of 39 Steps, which also shows a Criterion cover. Can you confirm this one as well? Otherwise I'd want to take it off my order. Thanks!
Old 04-19-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Wow. I ordered at around 11 am. They have already shipped out complete with tracking number. That is fast!
Old 04-19-02, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by ernestrp
I took a chance and ordered it. Said 9 in-stock. After placing order it still said 9 in-stock but it had changed to low stock (yellow). Tried to get the invoice screen to come up so I could print the order but after waiting a few minutes I gave up. No order confirmation email yet. I wonder if this will turn out cancelled like the other deals I have found on the bargains board lately?
Hmm. It really should've dropped to 8 then. I'll check that out. The invoice page has a problem (there's a note on the account screen that says so). We don't email order confirmations when orders are placed, but we do send an email when the order has shipped (or hasn't if cancelled).

Just checked the site (man, is it dragging...) and it now says TWO in stock... Price goes up at 4:00-4:30 if there are any left...
Old 04-19-02, 02:07 PM

Wow. I ordered at around 11 am. They have already shipped out complete with tracking number. That is fast!
If you get the order in early enough (before 2pm or so), it will usually ship that day. (Yay!)
Old 04-19-02, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by thanador
Great service! I picked up one. I also grabbed a copy of 39 Steps, which also shows a Criterion cover. Can you confirm this one as well? Otherwise I'd want to take it off my order. Thanks!
I'm checking it now...

This one is NOT the Criterion edition.

This one is NOT the Criterion edition either, though the picture shows it that way (as does Amazon's info for that UPC as well), BTW).

And finally, this one (the one thanador ordered) is NOT the Criterion edition either...

Thanador, I've removed that item from your order. If you still want it, send me an email. Sorry about that.
Old 04-19-02, 02:33 PM

I can't actually reach the Checkout page- "Security Failure. Data Encryption Error." Oh well...

Is there a way to reach the non-secure checkout without first going to the checkout page (which I could reach earlier, but cannot now)

Last edited by mmguen; 04-19-02 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-19-02, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by mmguen
I can't actually reach the Checkout page- "Security Failure. Data Encryption Error." Oh well...
What OS/Browser are you using? I see this a lot actually... It's a problem with the SSL certificate I think.

Is there a way to reach the non-secure checkout without first going to the checkout page (which I could reach earlier, but cannot now)
Try this one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 04-19-02, 02:58 PM

What OS/Browser are you using? I see this a lot actually... It's a problem with the SSL certificate I think.
Mac OS 9.2 / IE 5.0 Mac Edition

Try this one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
That worked perfectly- thanks!
Old 04-19-02, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As an aside, it's a welcome change to see great and immediate customer service these days....
Old 04-19-02, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm. It really should've dropped to 8 then. I'll check that out. The invoice page has a problem (there's a note on the account screen that says so). We don't email order confirmations when orders are placed, but we do send an email when the order has shipped (or hasn't if cancelled).

Just checked the site (man, is it dragging...) and it now says TWO in stock... Price goes up at 4:00-4:30 if there are any left...
I already have gotten a shipping email!!! Looks good so far.

They also have Plucking the Daisy for 11.59 and I think retail price is like 29.99. Its put out by Home Vision. (Some Criterion titles have something to do with Home Vision) Not sure about this one, it is Bridget Bardot though.
Old 04-19-02, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by ernestrp

I already have gotten a shipping email!!! Looks good so far.
Oh well, after all that i just got an email that my order for "How to Get Ahead in Advertising" was cancelled- congrats to all who got in on the deal.
Old 04-19-02, 04:35 PM

Thanador, I've removed that item from your order. If you still want it, send me an email. Sorry about that.
Wow, now that is a new level of customer service! Thanks for removing it, I'd rather not get it if it's not the Criterion.

Looking forward to receiving my order!
Old 04-19-02, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Merged 2 threads.

-stevevt

Last edited by stevevt; 04-20-02 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-19-02, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by mmguen
Oh well, after all that i just got an email that my order for "How to Get Ahead in Advertising" was cancelled- congrats to all who got in on the deal.
We had some more pieces of that title in overstock. They've been moved to live inventory and should show up tomorrow morning...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.