Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDEmpire issues with pre-orders?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-01-02, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I placed preorder for Ususal Suspect and a fww others releasing tomorrow on dvdempire.com and had expected them to ship last Friday, like they normally do the Friday before for pre-orders. Well the order didn't ship and I ended up canceling figuring I could just pick them up B& M if I wasn;t going to see them in my mail box by street date. Well I decided to go ahead and replace the order and have them just ship to me. So I check the status of the order to see if they were being shipped and ALL of my pre-orders at DVDEmpire had been canceled sying that "Order Archived because the last item was removed". I've emailed DVDEmpire for info but was curious if anyone else noticed anything with their DVDEmpire orders??
Old 04-01-02, 11:52 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
They shipped my Usual Suspects. I'm guessing you had another item on the order that wasn't ready to ship for some reason, and had selected the "Ship Complete" option.
Old 04-01-02, 11:57 AM

Well no, they canceled EVERYONE of my outstanding pre-orders up through like JUNE.
Old 04-01-02, 12:02 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Ok, now I understand what you are saying. I just checked my pre-orders and they are fine.
Old 04-01-02, 12:15 PM

Ok, cool, just got an email from DVDEMpire. Looks like a little update issue ended up making the orders go bye-bye. The empire rep was cool about reinstating everything. All is good.