Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Borders.com + GCs

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Borders.com + GCs

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borders.com + GCs

I have multiple Borders gift cards from various test drives, all of which were acquired legitimately. I was curious if I could combine giftcerticates worth $50, $25 and $35 if I called in the order. It doesn't seem to work on their website. Thanks for any assistance.
Old 03-27-02, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that Borders and Amazon are just partnered on their websites for convenience and lower overhead on stock levels and shipping. However, they remain 2 separate companies, so that may be why you cannot use the gift cards online. You will probably have to go to the B&M to use them, but it would not hurt to try calling and see what they say just in case.
Old 03-27-02, 08:46 PM

I used a couple of Borders GCs I got from TestDrives at Amazon.com. Go to your account settings at amazon and find a link to redeem Borders GiftCard. It asks for the number and tells what's the balance on the card. Then in the final checkout page just enter the number again and your order gets processed with the Borders GC. Make sure not to use any coupons. Also, you can only use one Borders Giftcard per order.

In fact, once I was able to use it at amazon and after i recieved my order the full balance was still there on the card even after a month. I went in to Borders B&M store and used it again.

Good Luck!
Old 03-28-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

how it turned out

I called Borders.com CS and they said that my options were limited. First of all, they do not do phone orders, so there goes that idea. Second, she said that a Borders B&M would most likely not exchange 3 cards for the purchase of a big one. And third, if you're like myself and do not have a Borders near you, the likely substitute, Waldenbooks, will not deal with these cards at all, eg you can use them there, but you cannot get a Borders.com card from them. Now, she did say that I could send the cards to this address:

Borders Customer Care
100 Phoenix Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

along with a note containing my name, address and what I would like to have done, and they would take care of it for me. I don't know if that's a good idea, though. Also, I asked if I were to make 3 separate orders, then combine them later on, if I could get all 3 applied. The answer was no. I suppose I'll try sending them in, but I know that will just turn into a headache. I'll post the result, if anyone is curious.