Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sampo 620 stuttering problem

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-02, 01:13 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reciently my Sampo 620 DVD player has been acting up. The problem is this - the disc pauses, almost like it's doing a layer change, then starts up. A split second later (no more than say one second), it pauses again while the drive motor sounds like it's adjusting for a new layer again. Wash, rinse, repeat several times in a row.

Previously I chalked it up to - well, I dont know what. However it's been happening more and more frequiently. The most recient was the anchor bay disc of Death on the Nile. I'm fairly sure that the disc is ok, since it played just fine on my DVDrom. Also, I've had this happen on too many discs for it to be a bad DVD.

Has anyone else have this happen to them? Could the player be dieing on me? I havent had the player THAT long - only about a year and a half. (I was thinking of upgrading to a Malata anyway - but I didnt have the money yet).

Thoughts?
Old 03-26-02, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's dying, send it back to Sampo for repair. I had a 620 do this-it's not that uncommon. I eventually gave up on Sampo after a couple of their players.

Last edited by nekobus; 03-26-02 at 04:03 AM.