Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

www.totalactionuniverse.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who here has used them? Are the reliable?
Old 03-25-02, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used them several times and have found them to be quite reliable. Sometimes it might take a little longer to ship from Canada but I've been pleased with the overall service.
Old 03-26-02, 03:08 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

recently got problem with them. refrain from ordering from them under things clear up a bit. long shipment, dun reply email.
Old 03-26-02, 06:20 AM

basically only one word to describe them now: lousy.

send close to 10 emails to them but yet to answer even one. also one of my orders have been filled in Feb 2002 but yet to arrive.

so to those who wants to order from them, pls refrain from doing so.
Old 03-26-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would be wary of this store and not order from them. I am currently having problems trying to get a few DVDs replaced that are defective. I returned them over two months ago and am still waiting for replacements. I called about a month ago and was told they received them but currently didn't have any stock of the discs to replace them. They said they expected stock possibly in a week but nothing was ever shipped or was I contacted. And when calling them again recently the phone is always busy and e-mails are never answered.
Old 03-26-02, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ive ordered every x-files box set from them as well and a few other box sets. I got all of them no problem. My Trek:TNG season 1 is on its way now

capt
Old 03-26-02, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I made the mistake of already ordering the X Files season 5 set from them. WHY WHY WHY did I do that? Wouldn't Deep Discount match their price on it anyway? I can't get the order cancelled now, so my only alternative is to cancel my current card I am using to order it and get a new card. But that will screw up my orders coming from DDD all thru the month of April. GAAAAAAGGHHHHHH. All the horror stories I have heard about them really leave me with a sick feeling.
Old 03-26-02, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
I made the mistake of already ordering the X Files season 5 set from them. WHY WHY WHY did I do that? Wouldn't Deep Discount match their price on it anyway? I can't get the order cancelled now, so my only alternative is to cancel my current card I am using to order it and get a new card. But that will screw up my orders coming from DDD all thru the month of April. GAAAAAAGGHHHHHH. All the horror stories I have heard about them really leave me with a sick feeling.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that DDD price matches on orders from Canadian etailers. BTW, try [email protected] for your emails. I always receive a reply when I use this address.
Old 03-27-02, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, that figures. It would be worth a shot.

I have heard quite a few horror stories about this place. Anybody have any GOOD stories to tell? I might just leave my order open with them, but I have yet to decide.
Old 03-30-02, 10:24 AM

I also received defective dvd's from them (x-files). I mailed them back two weeks ago and haven't received a replacement yet. I've been trying to contact them both by phone (always busy) and e-mail but no luck yet.

Is there any other number or e-mail that we can start trying?

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-30-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Edmundo Lopez
I also received defective dvd's from them (x-files). I mailed them back two weeks ago and haven't received a replacement yet. I've been trying to contact them both by phone (always busy) and e-mail but no luck yet.

Is there any other number or e-mail that we can start trying?

Thanks for the help!
I have been waiting since January 18 for TAU to send replacement discs for my World at War box set. I cannot contact them by phone or get any e-mail response. Unfortunately I no longer have the option of disputing the charges with my credit card since the time to has passed. I have to hope that TAU comes through or I will have a ruined and worthless set of DVDs on my hands.

Here is all the contact information I could find for TAU if it is helpful. I haven't called the first number since it would be a toll call but the toll free number has always been busy lately.

604-525-9245

1-877-40-TOTAL

Fax: 604-525-9247

[email protected]

[email protected]

Also have the links for two recent threads of problems at TAU for anyone interested.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=TAU

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=TAU

Last edited by Laser Movies; 03-30-02 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-31-02, 09:10 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

I would caution everybody about buying from TAU.
===================================
They overcharged my Credit Card by C$161 in Nov last year. I sent them more than 20 emails, and when they finally replied on New Year's eve, they said they would "look" into the matter.

Since then, I have lost count of the emails sent to them, and they ignored every single email, but I am going to alert my Credit Card company soon.

At the rate that they totally ignore all emails, they are certainly taboo, and in my book, they are already a total write-off.

If I cannot trust a Company to charge my Credit Card correctly, it speaks volumes about how they do their business. This amounts to FRAUD.

To put it simply, I have been cheated by Total Action Universe.
Old 04-03-02, 07:13 AM

an update.

as i am using mu mum's credit card to pay for online purchases, she received the credit card bill and found that TAU had charged and yet, i have not received any shipping email and no notice of the arrival of my package.

getting tired of their waiting game...........

pls refrain from buying from this store.........
Old 04-04-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was able to get someone to answer the phone today at TAU for the first time in weeks of trying. I asked them were my replacement DVDs are at and they claimed they mailed them a week ago. They then said they are going to send out another package by express mail because they said I should have received them in a couple of days. I got the impression they lied about the first shipment and just told me that to keep me from getting angry with them for the long delays. Hopefully I will now get the replacement DVDs but will not be too surprised if they never arrive. I also tried contacting them by e-mail at three different addresses but never received any response. Goodluck to all that are having problems with orders.
Old 04-04-02, 04:45 PM

I have been emailing them for a week asking to cancel my order, and I have yet to hear back or have my order cancelled.

Deadbeats.
Old 04-04-02, 06:28 PM
tcw
Cool New Member

I have used these two email address, and repeatedly send a duplicate email to them every day for the past two weeks.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Guess what ? Total silence ...... they do not even have the decency to give one single reply.

BEWARE of these guys, they are frauds & cheaters, and should be reported to the Canadian Consumer Affairs Bureau.
Old 04-04-02, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by tcw

BEWARE of these guys, they are frauds & cheaters, and should be reported to the Canadian Consumer Affairs Bureau.
I agree!
Old 04-04-02, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by tcw

Do they have a website or e-mail address to contact them? Please post it if they do. I will give TAU another week to send my replacement DVDs before reporting them.
Old 04-05-02, 07:02 AM

How do I actually report this case of fraud to my credit card company? Which department do I have to forward my concerns to?

I am lost in how to proceed with the reporting thing. Do I have to put in on paper or just a phone call will do?
Old 04-05-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went and had the bank cancel my card so they can't use it. If I can't cancel my order with them, I will make it so they have to cancel it. Unless they do what buy.com does and ship it out before they put the charge thru, then it becomes their loss. I actually got a free DVD from buy.com before because they shipped it before they charged it. They only sent me one letter asking for me to pay for it but soon realized they were at fault and stopped bugging me. I could stand to have a free box set of X Files Season 5.
Old 04-05-02, 02:30 PM

Still no answer from these guys. I've disputed the charges with my credit card company. I'll never order from them again. I prefer paying extra and have a better customer service.
Old 04-05-02, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have ordered a lot from them in the past but this time ive had it. They sent out my ST:TNG season 1 sets on the 25th of March. Almost 2 weeks and still have not recieved it yet which is not right. IF i do not get it tommorow im going to buy it from bestbuy or something and dispute the charge

capt
Old 04-05-02, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by edwardmanics
How do I actually report this case of fraud to my credit card company? Which department do I have to forward my concerns to?

I am lost in how to proceed with the reporting thing. Do I have to put in on paper or just a phone call will do?
The first thing you should do is call your credit card company and ask them their procedures for disputing a charge. They should be able to answer any question you have about this. Hopefully you haven't waited too long since there is a time limit for filing.
Old 04-05-02, 08:56 PM

how long is this period?
Old 04-06-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by edwardmanics
how long is this period?
I think you might have up to 60 days to dispute. That is another question to ask your card company when you call them. Also the link below might help answer any questions you have or to ask.

http://consumer-affairs.co.la.ca.us/...%20Charges.htm

Last edited by Laser Movies; 04-06-02 at 12:49 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.