Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Jack Johnson CD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-02, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack Johnson CD?

What do you think of Jack Johnson? I love it, I imagine kicking back with a cocktail in Hawaii.
Old 03-24-02, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've had this Cd for awhile now and I'm surprised I havent heard alot of other people talking about it. It's an amazing CD and i see big things for him in the future.
Old 03-24-02, 07:37 AM

I've only heard Flake. He performed that on some late show on VH1 last night (up late with Zach or something?) Sounded pretty good. Are his other songs as good as Flake?
Old 03-24-02, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's cool... I especially like "Middle Man", "Posters", "Sexy Plexi", "Flake", and "Bubble Toes". Anyone recommend artists similar to his sound?
Old 03-24-02, 04:01 PM

He's great- his "piedmont" style of blues are great... oh wait. No. That's John Jackson...
Old 03-24-02, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RolloTomasi
He's cool... I especially like "Middle Man", "Posters", "Sexy Plexi", "Flake", and "Bubble Toes". Anyone recommend artists similar to his sound?
this is kinda of a stretch, but when i first heard one of his songs at a bar i could have sworn it was a dave matthews song. in fact a lot of people have made that mistake. so i would say if you arent into dave already check them out ( just ignore all of the stereotypes associated with him, i did and ended up loving dave) also check out Ben Harper, especially his newer stuff. they played together on i think the letterman or kilborn show. good stuff.