Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

OverStock and Shipping and more

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-02, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How have your DVD's been shipped to you from this outfit ?

The Order status page said Accepted on my order 4 days after I had placed the order so I dropped them an email. They kindly called me at 7 am. Thanks... And they chewed me out as well. Apparantly Accepted obviously means it has already been shipped.

When I'd woken up and got my coffee, I realized how annoyed I was by the call. I looked at my email and noticed that they had emailed me as well that morning. The email said
Thanks for shopping with us. I have researched the orders on your account. The DVDs you are referring to, Have been shipped out of our warehouse on 3/13/02. However, they were shipped out by USPS Media mail. This shipping method can take up to three weeks for delivery. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
I think this is pretty crappy. What the hell is "USPS Media mail". I only ordered a couple of DVD's; for 4$ I would have thought they could get them to me a little quicker than 3 weeks.

So a couple of questions.

Are Overstock employees always rude ?
Do they delibrately call west coasters early in the morning when we're too groggy to think straight ?
Do they always use "USPS Media mail" whatever that is ?
Does the order status page ever say anything other than Accepted ?
Has anyone ever used them more than once? Bonus question : Why?

Thanks
Old 03-18-02, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On my only overstock order it was shipped UPS and the site only said accepted.
Old 03-18-02, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My first package from my 3/8 order arrived today in California. It was shipped via media mail. That's what I expected, and the shipping time was clearly stated on the website. This was also fairly well covered in the main thread about this recent Overstock sale. As far as I'm concerned, they arrived early.
My order had 5 DVDs in it. I was actually quite pleased because the Spartacus DVD was the Criterion, and the RepoMan was the LE tin. The Perfect Storm wasn't the deluxe boxed set, just the "mini" set, but that's OK, no big deal.
My experiences with Overstock have been good, and I've ordered from them several times during the last year, which answers your bonus question.
Old 03-18-02, 04:48 PM

I placed three orders with this last round of DVD sales and all of my orders shipped via UPS. They stacked them up, wrapped a two foot piece of bubble wrap around them and shipped them. One of the boxes had a crumpled wad of paper that turned out to be the receipt and one movie disk had come loose inside the clip case, but other than that all was fine.

The collector's tins were and the CE editions were so I'm a happy camper.
Old 03-18-02, 04:59 PM

This was also fairly well covered in the main thread about this recent Overstock sale
I didn't find a definitive OVERSTOCK THREAD. If anyone gets a chance could they post that in this one ? I did do an overstock search.

That's what I expected, and the shipping time was clearly stated on the website
hmm. I just can't be looking in the right places. Shipping Policy, FAQ. Neither mentioned shipping time.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like people are happy with their lightning fast delivery. I must just be a difficult customer.
Old 03-18-02, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Adrian,
That main thread about these recent DVD bargains at overstock is in the "bargains" forum. You should see it on the first page if you go there, and it's several pages long. It's titled "Miss out on Playstation.com, try Overstock.com.....etc."

They stated the shipping time about the DVDs with each DVD listing, noting that these items could take longer to arrive. Just look at the listing for any DVD there, and this is what you should see:
"This item will be shipped to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail; delivery may take up to three weeks."

Anyway, I hope that you get what you ordered quicker than expected.
Old 03-20-02, 09:44 AM

Overstock IS screwy about shipping.

The only option they offer to Hawaii via website is UPS 2-day. For 5 dvds, that totaled $62.00. I thought, that's not bad for dvds plus shipping. Lo and behold it was $60 for dvds + $62 for shipping= $122.00 total

I can't even get Media Mail... Message to Overstock- USPS (Post Office) does deliver to Hawaii!