Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Outpost.com and backordered preorder, grrrr

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-02, 08:09 PM

Location: I live both above you and below you, but always beyond you.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I preordered Evil Dead: Book of the Dead from Outpost.com for $~20. On the day it was released, my order status changed to backordered. After a few days of waiting I called their customer service. The CSR informed me that they didn't receive enough titles to fill all the orders (so what's the point in preordering anyway I begin to wonder).

So what's the deal with Outpost anyway? I've nevered ordered from them before. Do they routinely advertise extremely low prices on items to get you to come to their website, then claim they don't have that item in stock?
Old 03-15-02, 03:12 AM

You have to get on the deals on Fri. Every Fri. they have deals of the week. I ordered it on Fri. and i receieved it. I also had many backorders too, but some of the dvds were shipped. They told me that they should be receivinng a huge shipment of dvds in 2 weeks. All I have to say is good news about the company! Gotta love those low prices. And the shipping is also great! I receive it the next day ground shipping since they are in OH and I'm in NY. Hope BOD comes soon for you so you can have a great experience like I did. But isn't it limited? Or is it like MIB LE where they just stop when they feel like it? If the second then you should receive it soon. Plus they don't even charge you until its shiped. Two thumbs up!
Old 03-15-02, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too am not happy with this company. My first order went from preorder to backorder. When I called he was defensive and actually tried to talk me out of the order...in other words cancel the order. I am not counting on getting my order fulfilled. But, I 'll keep renewing it, thereby making them honor their prices. Anyone have existing backorders of over 3 months?

Thanks
Ron
Old 03-16-02, 11:07 AM
Defunct Account

I've ordered Ab Fab season 4 and the 1st season of Oz. I have not recieved either, and although Oz has not even been released yet, they sent me an e-mail today stating that it was backordered. Two preorders, two no shows. Their prices are great, but only if you actually GET the stuff you order.

-Videophile
Old 03-18-02, 04:56 PM

I ordered a Ceiva picture frame from them and they wrote me a week later saying they would not be getting it in stock. The order has been cancelled for over a month now and I still have not got my money back. When I write them they tell me it is up to me to call the cc company and ask for them to remove the charge. That means I have to go through the complaint process. This was after telling me the refund would take two weeks when I first inquired. I am not happy with them.
Old 03-27-02, 05:56 PM

Beware of Pre-Ordering from Outpost

Well it's been almost a month since I pre-ordered ED:BOD (relased on 3/5) and I still haven't received it. It appears that a lot of other people never receive their pre-orders from Outpost.com either. I don't care how cheap their prices are if I never get the goods. Hell, even I can put up a website and start taking pre-orders for $1 apiece as long as I never have to ship the merchandise. So in the future, I'd stay away from pre-ordering from outpost.com, no matter how tempting their prices may be.
Old 04-05-02, 10:29 PM
Al

Has anyones backordered Book Of The Dead arrive yet from Outpost?

I called them a couple weeks ago and they said they would be in soon but that there were quite a few people who ordered the DVD.
Old 04-06-02, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by Al
Has anyones backordered Book Of The Dead arrive yet from Outpost?

I called them a couple weeks ago and they said they would be in soon but that there were quite a few people who ordered the DVD.
I got an e-mail saying they would not be getting it and that my order was being cancelled.
Old 04-06-02, 04:35 PM

I am still waiting for my Ab Fab pre-order from about two months ago.

These are loss leaders, and there's no real incentive for them to fill the orders except for customer service purposes. Perhaps if you only order the cheapies they will not fill your order.

I'm curious to see if they let their pre-orders that are on backorder go unfilled, while subsequent regular-priced orders are filled.

Avoid.

- Matt
Old 04-06-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I ordered BOTD and a $1 item. The $1 item shipped, but BOTD has dissappeared to god knows where. I just called up Outpost, and talked to a very rude CSR. She basically said that I was focked, and that she would not allow me to return the $1 item, even though it was delivered less than 30 days ago. I mean, it's 30 days of the ship date, but what happens if you don't get your item for 2 weeks? their policy sucks

Long story short, I won't order from Outpost again unless it is a very good price, and I mean, very good.

Edit: I called up AMEX, and like usual, they took care of me

Last edited by D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB); 04-06-02 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-08-02, 03:18 PM
Suspended

Everyone wish me luck on the Evangelion set I just ordered before I read this thread and found out they sucked so bad.