Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone watch the Depeche Mode Pay Per View special?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-12-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Did you anyone catch the Depeche Mode Pay Per View special "One Night in Paris"? Visually, the show was amazing. Anton Corbijn has outdone himself this time. The sound was good but not great. I suspect the DVD will be better. The performance was also very strong. But WHAT was up with Dave Gahan's goofy facial expressions throughout the show? And that DANCING? When did he turn into Ed Grimley!? But back to the awful faces he kept making. I've been a huge DM fan for over 21 years. And I've seen them live many many times since 1985. He *never* used to do this. This just started. He didn't even do this during the two "Excitor" shows I saw this past summer. And believe me, I was in the first few rows on both. It was very distracting watching him during this show. I had to look away more than once. A small personal/annoying gripe. But I recommend this show to any DM fan.
Old 03-12-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had someone tape it for us, but haven't been able to watch it yet. We saw that tour in Cleveland and it was FANTASTIC! We can't wait to see the tape.
Old 03-12-02, 09:43 PM

Their Exciter album is outstanding! I'd probably buy this concert if it gets a DVD release.
Old 03-13-02, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally posted by codefree
Their Exciter album is outstanding! I'd probably buy this concert if it gets a DVD release.
This will be released on DVD. With a widescreen/anamorphic transfer.
Old 03-13-02, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by Caoimhin
We had someone tape it for us, but haven't been able to watch it yet. We saw that tour in Cleveland and it was FANTASTIC! We can't wait to see the tape.
I was there too! Loved it.

- Matt