Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

stores that take dvd trade-ins?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-11-02, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Wherehouse music still take DVD trade ins on Tuesdays? 3 DVDs for a new DVD or something If not, does any other big store provide something like this?
Old 03-11-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as I know, Whorehouse music takes trades any time, but I'd steer clear of them unless you enjoy getting ripped off.

I went in there about a month ago, trying to trade 3 titles and they wanted to give me $15 for all three! These were titles that averaged $20-25 retail each.

IMHO, trade-ins are a sucker's game. The house always wins.

Off hand, I can't think of any other big stores that do trade-ins.
Old 03-11-02, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You'd be better off just selling your DVDs on eBay.
Old 03-11-02, 08:08 PM
Banned

I just traded in Trafic (CC is coming soon), The Crow (I need to Collector's Edition) and the Bruce Lee double feature Chinese Connection/Fist of Fury (rated the worst DVD ever). I got $11 for all three, and I'm fine with that cause it would be more of a hassle to sell them on eBay, even if someone would want them. Most video games sores (i.e. Software Etc, Babages, EBX, etc) take DVD take ins.
Old 03-12-02, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

joshd2012, I can appreciate the hesitance about the hassle of listing them up on ebay and waiting for deadbeats to pay, etc. but looking up the 3 titles you listed, looks like you could quickly net $22-$25 on half.com by taking 2 minutes to put them up at lowest price. (Assuming of course that you have a decent rating there, or maybe you can carry over your rating from ebay one of these days.) It's been so easy, and so lucrative that I would never even consider trading DVDs at a store for $3-$5 of store credit towards full MSRP DVDs.
Old 03-12-02, 05:11 PM

I traded in 2 $9.99 titles (Kingpin and GD) and got $11.00 towards a $12.99 used copy of RoboCop Criterion. Paying a couple bucks, and dumping a 2 cheapy movies for a Criterion DVD is something you would not have been able to do on eBay. I have picked numerous DVD deals at these places (X-men for $8.00), sometimes it is worth the time.