Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

No Doubt's BSC

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-02, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Doubt's BSC

I know they've received mixed reviews for Rock Steady, and quite frankly I wasn't too thrilled with it at first, but it's grown on me. Anyways, for all those who have shyed away from buying the new CD because they've heard some negative reviews, I recommend giving Beacon Street Collection a listen. Greener Pastures is probably my favorite ND song, and I challenge anyone to not find That's Just Me a very enjoyable listen. I know a lot of No Doubt fans didn't even know about them pre-pink hair for Gwen, and there's an absolute gem of a CD waiting largely unnoticed by some of the more casual ND fans. it's a treat and highly recommended...
Old 03-05-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I have
No Doubt
Beacon Street collection (found both of these in toronto on my senior class trip)
Tragic Kingdom (bought this one first)
Return of Saturn
Rock Steady
I like them all, although Rock Steady takes some getting used to on some of the songs (the more hip hop like ones)
Going to see them at the college I just graduated from, my studen ID still works so I got tickets for $5
Old 03-05-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have all their albums and like them all. Rock Steady is way underrated in my opinion.
Old 03-06-02, 02:35 PM

Rock Steady...

agreed on RS being underrated. I really wish they'd release Don't Let Me Down as the next single, but it apparently will be Hella Good, which isn't a bad choice either, but I think Don't Let Me Down could be a hit on par with Spiderwebs if given enough radio play.
Old 03-06-02, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've sampled some of the tracks from Rock Steady off the web, but I almost can't believe what I'm hearing. Is every song really just a 10 second loop repeated over and over for 4 minutes? This is like listening to a record skip.
Old 03-06-02, 04:29 PM

RS tracks...

I know some of the early leaks were nothing but 10-second loops, so I assume that's what you're listening to. some of the songs are repetitive, but it sounds like you've listening to the early leaks. here's a link to the lyrics from rock steady you can use to see if you've got nothing but a loop...

http://NoDoubt-Fan.com/lyrics/rs.html